Save the Children is an international non-profit organization that focuses on the fulfillment of children's right. Save the Children was first established in May 1919 in the U.K. and to date has 28 Save the Children Offices and operations in more than 120 countries worldwide. In 1976, Save the Children signed an MoU with the Ministry of Social Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia, followed then by the operations of Save the Children throughout Indonesia. Currently, Save the Children work in 11 provinces with a variety of program areas, such as: Education, Health and Sanitation, Livelihood, Child Protection also Disaster Risk Reduction.
Integrating Child Centered CSR is a project that focuses on introducing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, as well as the Children's Rights and Business Principles framework to the private sector in Indonesia. The project will work with the retail and hospitality industries in West Java as these industries make up a large size of the West Java economy and have a tremendous reach into the lives of children and youth. The 3 year project is funded by DANIDA and will aim to work closely with the private sector in developing tools, business cases and methodologies as how to integrate Child Centered CSR in the private sector's business practices. The project will work directly with the companies in the two industries but also with business associations incl. APRINDO, PHRI and Kadin. Other project partners and stakeholders include a university, UNICEF, UN Global Compact Local Network in Indonesia and the Government. A project brief with further information is available upon request.
Now we are opening vacancy as:
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Re-Advertisement) - Integrating Child Centered CSR (ICCC), to be based in Bandung, 1 position
CODE : PC-ICCC
Reports to: Communications and Advocacy Manager
Dimensions: S/he will be responsible for the overall project management and implementation of all activities. S/he will also produce information for the Jakarta office for programmatic reports and assist in coordinating engagement with the donor including any visits. S/he will support program documentation and oversee two total staff- one project assistant based in Bandung and one project officer in Jakarta. S/he will also lead the development of relationships with key stakeholders, including the privates sector, particularly the retail and hospitality business associations, Indonesian Chamber of Commerce, youth and the communities, as well as UNICEF and the Global Compact as partners for the Children's Rights and Business principles in Indonesia. S/he will be responsible for the development of tools and methodologies for integrating Child Centered CSR, working with university and Global Compact to identify business cases, organizing trainings (incl. training of trainers) etc.
S/he will ensure that all activities included in the implementation plan are implemented, results documented, and key relationships established and maintained.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Project/Research Officer and Project Assistant
- Work with the Jakarta Programs team to develop a detailed implementation plan.
- Ensure project activities are implemented according to the detailed implementation plan including leading the technical implementation of the project in both Bandung and Jakarta.
- With input from outside technical experts, ensure high quality technical implementation of all project interventions according to global best practices, and lessons learned from SCI programming globally. .
- Development high-quality tools, methodologies on integrating Child Centered CSR in the private sector with input from technical experts as well as from the industries and other stakeholders involved.
- Ensure training of trainers on CC CSR
- Ensure identification and development of 6 business cases showing that integrating CC CSR is good business
- Ensure close collaboration with the key stakeholders including establishing and developing strong and effective relationships the retail and hospitality business associations at the provincial level and the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce at national and sub national level, as well as UNICEF and the Global Compact.
- Together with the Program Officer and with assistance from other staff, develop an effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting system (including documenting activities) to ensure the effectiveness of project implementation. This will include active leadership in baseline and final evaluation studies.
- Ensure the day to day management and reporting of project financial resources is in accordance with donor regulations and SCI Indonesia policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely submission of activity, financial, and monitoring reports in accordance with the project M&E framework, donor requirements, and SCI Indonesia requirements.
- Provide effective management and supervision of two staff members
Ensure close collaboration among all relevant projects, particularly those also based from the Bandung and Jakarta offices.
- Bachelors University Degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Solid experience in core business CSR and working with the private sector including thorough understanding of UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and other CSR frameworks.
- Networking capacity with business associations, corporate partners and government agencies.
- Proven experience in capacity building including tool and curricula development, trainings etc.
- Project management experience including proven skills to develop an implementation plan, efficiently implement activities, keeping deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports and other project documents in Indonesian and English
- Proven ability to manage financial resources according to donor and organization regulations and reporting requirements
- Proven ability to work in and lead a multi-cultural team
- At least 7 years of work experience with relevant organizations in a NGO or in the private sector,
- Experience in working on child rights a plus
- Basic understanding of using online communications such as social media and websites as communication and outreach channels
- Experience from/knowledge of the hospitality industry and/or the retail industry is an advantage.
SCI Values Practice
- To carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- To carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to recruitment.indonesia@
savethechildren.org – please note that CV's without application letter will not be considered.
Please fill the "subject" column of the e-mails in this format: <code of the position>-<your name>
Closing date: As soon as possible and no later than the 27 February – we will conduct interviews throughout the process until the right candidate has been selected. The last interview dates are 25 and 28 February 2014
Starting date: 1. April 2014
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified – candidates that applied to this position in the first round will not need to submit a new application and CV)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children's commitment to protecting children from abuse