Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : GRANT OFFICER ISEAN Hivos
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
The Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly implemented the ISEAN Hivos Program supported by Global Fund Round 10. The Program is called: “Strengthening Community Systems to Reduce Vulnerability to and impact of HIV Infection on Males having Sex with Males and Transgenders in the island of Southeast Asia”.
This program has the main goal of reducing the risks, vulnerability and impact of HIV and AIDS on the lives of MSM and transgender community in Island Southeast Asia Nations. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs.
The Grant Officer is responsible to make sure that all Sub Recipient Organization comply with Global Fund Financial Procedures and compliance. He/she reviews financial reports from the SRs and conduct country visit to assist Finance Staff of the SRs.
The Grant Officer ISEAN Hivos Works in partnership with: Finance Officer and coordinates with: Program Officer, Training Coordinator, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Administration Officer, SRs, national stakeholders
Roles and responsibilities
1. Lead in the review the financial reports submitted by the SRs and make recommendations to the PD on further disbursements;
2. Conduct Country visits to verify SR-SSR financial records, as needed;
3. Lead and coordinate with the Local Finance Evaluator/s who will assist in ensuring effective financial management at the SR-SSR level.
4. Work closely with LFEs to ensure that SR-SSR concerns are addressed and finance reports are in order;
5. Function as LFE for quarterly SR financial monitoring purposes;
6. Develop and implement an effective internal audit system in Phase 2 for both PR and SR-SSR levels and monitor any recommended follow-up actions;
7. With the PD, ensure the proper implementation of external audits of the PR’s and all SRs’ financial statements, in accordance with the agreed audit plan;
8. Monitor progress against the audit plan and set up a process for reviewing and following up audit recommendations at both PR and SR levels;
9. Liaise with the RTC, consultants and training facilitators to identify and address technical assistance needs, including designing training, to strengthen the financial management capacity of finance staff and Program Officers at PR and SR levels;
10. Provide Hivos ROSEA the required monthly financial reports for Regional office Reproting purposes
11. With the F0, provide advice to RPD on budgetary and financial matters;
12. With the F0, liaise with RPD in disbursing grants to program implementers;
13. With the F0, review, revise and develop Phase 2 fiscal and administrative policies and ensure that these policies are applied in daily practice;
14. With the RPD and FO, develop and implement the financial processes for the IHP Phase 2;
15. With the F0, ensure that adequate internal controls are in place that are compliant with Hivos and GF requirements;
16. With the F0, ensure budget tracking, sound financial management, including programmatic budgeting, quarterly spending projections, monthly spending reviews, and monitoring of payments;
17. With RMEO and SPO and in coordination with the GO, monitor the achievement of indicators, including program achievement and budget expenditure, and ensure that variance analysis is conducted, and prepare the PUDR.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields. A graduate degree will be considered as an advantage
2. At least 5 years’ experience in accounting and financial records management, preferably in an NGO setting
3. Well versed in Excel and other accounting software
4. Preferably with experience working with Global Fund Programs or other developmental organizations or international NGO
5. Good communications skills preferably with fluency in written and spoken English
6. Familiar with Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PUDR)
7. Capacity to work well within a team, in a multi-country context
8. Familiarity with the concerns of MSMs and TGs in the South East Asian context
9. Willingness and ability to travel extensively within South East Asia.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 3rd , 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Grant Officer ISEAN Hivos’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/