Finance and Admin Officer
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia
Los Angeles-based AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), a non-profit, is a global organization providing cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 500,000 patients in 36 countries. We are the largest provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the U.S. AHF Indonesia started to work based on the memorandum of understanding with the Government of Indonesia on 2016. We have already start the program and work in 2 provinces: Jakarta and West Java.
AHF Indonesia is looking for a competent candidate for the position of Finance and Admin Officer. Manages the accounting and administrative functions of AHF Indonesia located in Jakarta, Indonesia. This position oversees also all financial aspects for AHF Indonesia including all contractual matters. This position reports to the Director Global accounting on all finance and admin related matters and to the Country Program Manager for all operational matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Finance, Accounting or related field of expertise with at least 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Audit and INGO Accounting work will be an added advantage.
Other Skills, Abilities/Qualifications:
- Deep accounting knowledge of end-to-end financial systems and processes
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Must be able to work independent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with focus on quality and integrity. Enthusiasm for change, flexible and adapt to a dynamic environment as a champion of change. Occasional travel may be required.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel advance, Word, PowerPoint, QuickBooks and Access software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews, analyses and verifies all AHF business transactions; incl. accruals
- Involved in contract negotiations with vendors, service providers and partner organizations; maintain log of contracts and initiates contract renewals;
- Provide cash management oversight. Prepares monthly cash budget and manages cash flows by assuring that adequate cash is available
- Monitors Petty Cash
- Monitor the development of drug, condoms and test kit inventory reporting and value
- Provides organizational support to the partner organization for implementation of the contracts and required reporting structure;
- Ensures the timely receipt of financial and program reports from the partner organizations
- Ensures that all financial and accounting requests and submissions are in compliance with AHF policies and procedures as well as with local accounting and tax regulations
- Liaisons with vendors, partner organizations, global staff and accounting firms. Communicate timely and very concisely with our Global staff and ancillary services.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget development;
- Review monthly general ledger for accuracy;
- Compares actual expend with the approved budget lines and explains variances;
- Provides support with annual financial audits, contract audits, and any additional audits as necessary
- Assists in creating and maintaining contracts and agreements with consultants; communicates with HR on consulting agreements; maintains log of agreements and relevant backup documentation;
- Manages staff advances assuring that advances are controlled, monitored, and cleared. Assures that policies are followed
a) Reference Check;
b) Recruitment announcement posting;
c) Coordinate with HR Department on the Appointment Letter;
- Oversees payroll related matters; ensures contracts are on file and keeps a contract log; maintains leave worksheet detail by employee and ensures it is always updated; provides leave forms and other payroll relevant documentation to the HR department in LA in a timely manner;
- Maintains and updates fixed asset schedules (capex and non-capex items); ensures tagging of the assets;
- Assist in the procurement process; ensures process follows AHF guidelines;
- Support local team with financial information and explanation;
- Assist AHF in assuring compliance with local law and regulations.
- Communicate regularly with the Finance Department located at Corporate Headquarters.
- Train AHF staff to comply with AHF policies and national laws.
- Perform a wide variety of special projects and data gathering functions as well as developing reports as necessary.
- Liaisons with Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA (USA).
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees:
Staff meetings, teleconference meetings with global teams and other meetings as assigned.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by email not later than October 21, 2016 to: GlobalHR.Asia@aidshealth.org and firstname.lastname@example.org Please visit our website to learn more about AHF www.aidshealth.org.
Please fill the 'subject' column of the e-mails in this format: The Position–Your Name. File attachment not later than 1MB.