Scope of Work
Knowledge Management Specialist
National Nutrition Communication Campaign
Introduction — Through the National Nutrition Communications Campaign (NNCC), Millennium Challenge Account –Indonesia (MCA-Indonesia) is supporting the Ministry of Health in Indonesia to raise awareness of and promote behavior change to prevent and reduce stunting. The NNCC is currently focusing in three districts and will soon expand into eight additional districts in three provinces: South Sumatera, West Kalimantan and Central Kalimantan, while the mass media campaign will have national coverage.
Drawing on the demonstrated commitment of the GOI to advance child health and nutrition efforts and complementary to the broad base of ongoing nutrition–related programs in country, this project is helping bolster the body of knowledge for evidence–based nutrition interventions.
IMA World Health (IMA) is a technical public health organization that has been commissioned by MCA-Indonesia to implement the NNCC. IMA aspires to build healthier communities by collaborating with key partners to serve vulnerable people around the world. IMA’s vision is quite simple: Health, healing and wsell–being for all.
Purpose — To hire a knowledge management (KM) specialist for the NNCC who will implement strategic knowledge management activities including identification, documentation, development, and sharing of knowledge products in the following potential areas: social and behavior change communication, mass media campaign, digital media, community nutrition and health promotion, community mobilization, community empowerment, and advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design and implement effective KM activities – in collaboration with other NNCC team members, counterparts and partners to scope and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture, documentation and sharing activities;
· Manage knowledge sharing events – in collaboration with MCA-Indonesia, relevant government ministries and regional government institutions, manage the successful execution of knowledge sharing events including but not limited to seminars/webinars, workshops, and conferences;
· Curate, develop and share lessons learned, stories, and good practices and other KM products by working collaboratively with other NNCC team members including BCC specialists, digital campaign team, partners and sub-contractors to ensure alignment and cohesion;
· Strategically engage various KM audiences in order to capture and enrich knowledge base as well as to advocate for adoption of NNCC’s key recommendations on the above technical areas;
· Identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration; and
· Ensure that quality work is delivered on time.
· Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience (preferred) in knowledge management, nutrition, pubic health, communication, organizational learning, international development, international affairs, or a relevant degree
· Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management
· Experience in nutrition, maternal and child health, behavior change communication, as it relates to international public health development issues and approaches
· Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management
· Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities
· Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills
· Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines
· Team player with positive attitude
Level of Effort: 100%
Reports to: Team Leader
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit ONLY your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by email to:
Other supporting documents shall be submitted later upon request.