Consultant on Coffee Value Chain
IESR, a non- governmental organization in Indonesia, is looking for a short-term local consultant to conduct research on coffee value chain. He/She will conduct a research on coffee value chain for smallholder coffee farmer community in Ende, NTT, and deliver gap analysis and recommendation on all levels of coffee production: planting, harvesting, processing, and marketing, including potential market.
IESR has conducted initial data gathering and preliminary analysis, and identify gaps on coffee value chain for the targeted area. The Consultant task is therefore to: (i) analysis available data and information; (ii) design and conduct a research (including field research) to fill up the data and information gap on the coffee value chain; (iii) writing a report that contain findings, recommendation and action plan.
The consultant is expected to deliver in 2nd week of May 2017:
· Additional primary and secondary data and to complete data-gap and analysis from previous research.
· A thorough analysis of coffee value chain: plantation, harvesting, post-harvesting, processing, and marketing.
· A full report that contain findings, analysis, recommendation and action plan in English.
The successful applicant will meet or exceed the following qualifications, experience and skills:
· Knowledgeable in coffee value chain, including deep understanding on coffee production process and market in Indonesia.
· Experiences in research particularly research at community level.
· Demonstrated experience in data collection and value chain analysist.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multi-cultural teams
· Excellent oral and written skills in English.
· Commitment to maintaining the highest standards of confidentially at all times.
· Experience in living or working in rural communities and understanding of local context is preferable.
· Advance Degree in appropriate subject e.g. Development Studies, Economics, Education or Science is an advantage.