The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development with around 16,400 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and public and private sector clients in around 130 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The GIZ Office Indonesia is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Travel and Event Assistant
The incumbent will perform the scope of the following tasks, but is not limited to:
- Provide and perform meeting services
- Handle and overview of meeting room booking
- Maintain and controlling the cleanness and tidiness of meeting rooms and storage
- Responsible for the successful operation and administration of the internal meeting
- Ensuring that all meeting activities are carried out professionally to standards and at the highest level of service
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of all food, catering and beverages
- Liaise with vendors for uploading and unloading
- Supervising the vendor’s work after office hours and/or on the weekends for event
Tasks1. Meeting Services
- Maintain and overview of all meeting rooms including its furniture, carpets and windows
- Sets up and prepares the meeting rooms one day before the event/meeting
- Control and maintain meeting equipment such as, cutlery, glassware, plates, etc.
- Maintain and set up meeting equipment such as; LCD, Laptop, Screen, Audio, etc.
- Provides beverages and snacks, e.g. serves coffee, tea and refreshments for meeting participants, guests and visitors
- Ensure that meeting equipment are provided and usable
- Purchase of coffee break items for the meeting including lunch boxes
- Prepare, set up and control signage for all meeting
- Purchase and overview of groceries for the office supply such as: coffee, tea, sugar, water, etc.
- Monthly report to the Manager and maintain the groceries stock
- Maintain storage system for meeting equipment and supplies
- Requesting and manage cash advance for meetings need
- Completing and prepare documents for all purchase to be reported to the finance unit
3. General tasks
- Perform work related errands as requested if and when required
- reports damage to office areas and equipment
- organises and monitors maintenance and repair
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- SMK or equivalent in Tourism;
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in a comparable position with references, preferable with hotel background;
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail and internet);
- Good language skills in English;
- Good working knowledge of computer programs (e.g. MS Office);
- Ability to work in an international team and under pressure;
- Basic knowledge of service standards, guest relations, food and beverage preparations as well as etiquette;
- Reliability and good organisational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing;
- Good stamina to set up meeting equipment’s
Duty Station: Jakarta
Direct Supervisor: Travel and Event Manager
Expected Joining Date: Immediately
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references, addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 16 June 2017.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: GIZ COI - TEA.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Putra Pangeran_CV or Putra Pangeran_Motivation Letter or Putra Pangeran_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified