Wednesday, June 14, 2017
OXFAM Vacancy: PM for Value Chain, Economic Justice Programme, based in Jakarta
OXFAM who are we?
OXFAM INTERNATIONAL VISION:
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can
influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume
their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human
beings are valued and treated equally.
OXFAM INTERNATIONAL OBJECTIVE:
Humanitarian Assistance: By 2019, supported by the international community
and humanitarian organizations, local state institutions and civil society
in the most crisis prone/affected countries are able and willing to deliver
high quality, impartial and independent assistance to those in need
Resilience: By 2019, resilience to disasters and conflict is strengthened
in high risk countries, through improved disaster preparedness and risk
reduction, and building the capacity of civil society groups and
communities, in particular women, to manage shocks, stresses and address
root causes of conflict.
Women's rights: By 2019 the different impact of conflict and disasters on
men and women, and their differing needs, are recognized and addressed by
duty bearers and humanitarian organizations, leading to greater gender
justice and respect for women's rights in crisis affected countries.
Vision for Indonesia
Oxfam Indonesia has the vision that people in Indonesia will live equitably
and free from injustice of poverty, enjoy their rights, and are resilient
in times of disasters. By 2020, 2.5 million women and men in Indonesia are
empowered to overcome poverty, vulnerability and inequality.
Be part of a dynamic working environment. We are recruiting 2 positions in
Economic Justice Programme with a real commitment to gender equality and
International aid and development background. This post will be based in
Jakarta for fixed term contract 12 months with possible extension.
* Project Manager Value Chain & Green Growth Project (code: PMVC)
The job holder will manage two projects focusing on shrimp and palm oil
value chain (GRAISEA and FAIR company community partnership) implemented by
Oxfam in Indonesia and its local partners. S/he will have direct report to
Natural Resources Coordinator.
GRAISEA has the aim that women and men small-scale producers in Southeast
Asia in selected value chains have more sustainable production practices,
increased incomes and are supported by responsible and sustainable policies
and practices of leading agri-business and financial institutions; by
provision of effective support services by multi-stakeholder initiatives;
and by improved legislation in ASEAN and its member states.
FAIR Company-community partnership aim to enable inclusive green growth of
palm oil production which benefits small scale farmers and their village
enterprises, communities, plantation companies, investors and buyers at
scale. And to generate replicable business, social and climate benefits
from using a landscape approach and from inclusion of small-scale farmers
in greening palm oil value chains in Indonesia.
Project Manager will work together and support two national CSOs to ensure
efficient and effective delivery of this three year project. S/he will have
direct report to Natural Resources Management Coordinator and also play a
role in linking up Oxfam’s work on Rights to Food in Indonesia and Business
and Human Rights. S/he will play a role in influencing on issues related to
the promotion of fair, sustainable and inclusive business.
· Coordinate and supervise the over-all project planning, implementation,
and monitoring-evaluation process in communication with the Economic
Justice Campaign and Advocacy Officer, MEL Officer and in coordination
with partners and networks.
· Maintain frequent communication with partners, donors, and other key
stakeholders at national and sub-national level in project
implementation to ensure good quality and timely project delivery.
· Provide expertise and advise to partners in dealing with technical
problems in project implementation.
· Responsible for reviewing partners' financial and narrative reports, and
support partners where needed to ensure high quality reporting, with
support from MEL Project Officer and Finance Officer.
· Prepare regular reports and updates on the implementation of the project
for donors with support from MEL Project Officer, Oxfam Reporting
Officer and Economic Justice Program Assistant.
· Oversee the implementation of financial audit and final project
evaluation process in coordination with Economic Justice Campaign and
Advocacy Coordinator, MEL Project Officer and Economic Justice Senior
Network and Alliances and Capacity Building
· Build team capacity through coaching, performance feedback and training
· Lead the design/planning and implementation of capacity building
activities for partners and allies to ensure good project delivery
according to the agreed project framework and strategy, and Oxfam
· Develop and maintain relationships with key national actors (CSOs,
Government, UN, Donors, Private sector, Media) in Indonesia and to lobby
external targets in line with the objectives of the project that will
strengthen Oxfam's campaign and position in Indonesia.
· Work together with the Oxfam’s media team and Economic Justice Campaign
and Advocacy Officer to disseminate relevant project information and
advocacy messages to the national media and wider public.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Knowledgeable on the shrimp and palm oil value chain issues
· Skilful on engaging the governments and private sector
· Familiar with human rights discourses
· A university degree (essential) and/or masters (an advantage) in a
· At least five years’ relevant experience in development and/or Program
and/or project management with international donors
· Demonstrated experience including in contracting, financial management,
monitoring and reporting and design of effective activities
· Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to think strategically
· Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed
· Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to form productive
· Experience engaging with Indonesian government officials and civil
society organizations at national and sub-national level is a must
· Demonstrable understanding of gender and diversity issues and proven
commitment to and evidence of promoting gender and diversity equity
· Knowledge of development issues relevant to Oxfam in Indonesia’s Program
of work an advantage
· Fluent in verbal and written English and demonstrated experience
communicating in these languages with a variety of audiences
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please apply by
sending your complete application to email@example.com and mention the
code of the position title (PMVC) on the subject of the email.
The closing date: June 19th, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage women and people with disability to apply
promotes equality and diversity
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY.
A registered charity in England and Wales (no 202918) and Scotland (SC 039042)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
at 7:34 AM