PRODUCTION FORESTRY SENIOR MANAGER
The Production Forestry Senior Manager will be the lead person to oversee all aspects of the development and implementation of production forest intervention. S/he is a member of Indonesia Terrestrial Program Senior Manager Team (SMT) and is accountable for all outputs and outcomes of the intervention under the direction of the Terrestrial Program Director. In addition, s/he will also work with global teams, including team members from World Office and/or Asia Pacific to support implementation of the intervention.
This may include one or more of the following functions:
· Lead and manage team which supports and improves conservation efforts, and build strategic, scientific, and technical capacity in the field
· Develop, refine, implement, and scale up innovative scientific methods, analysis, tools and frameworks to improve production forest management
· Negotiate complex and innovative solutions with government agencies and land managers to conserve the forest, and develop and implement conservation strategies
· Disseminate best practices, provides training and analyses to best implement organizational measures of success
· Oversee management of the project, including contracting process, budget management, team management, and report development
The Production Forestry Senior Manager will be based in Jakarta office. S/he will report to the Terrestrial Program Director.
- Post graduate degree and 10 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Developing practical applications of scientific concepts and technical innovations for conservation purposes.
- Knowledge of methods and standards of biodiversity information systems and initiatives and experience conceiving and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Politically savvy and experienced in partnership development (partners, community, government)
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than June 26, 2017. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line. Visit www.nature.or.id to learn more about The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program.