Winrock International looking for a high quality candidates for:
Position Title : Agriculture Assistant
Location : Waingapu, Sumba Timur
The agriculture assistant will help design and implementing agriculture capacity building program in Desa Kodamara, Waingapu, Sumba Timur.
1. Minimum bachelor degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Protection, Agribusiness and Agriculture. (Fresh graduate accepted)
2. Experience in Community Development and Horticulture Crops Value Chain, minimum 2 years.
3. Experience facilitating, developing, and delivering community-based training at village level for at least 2 years.
4. Strong knowledge in Irrigation system and water management for agriculture purposed
5. Experience to gather quantitative and qualitative data in the Farmers Level
6. Understand basic administrative
7. Experience working with local and/or International NGO's (especially in Sumba and or East Nusa Tenggara) desired.
8. Good Communication skills and written/spoken in English Required.
9. Good interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy.
10. Good Communication skills in traditional language of Sumba island is advantageous
11. Male (preferable)
Personal Qualification :
1. Flexible and adaptable, willing to learn new skills and conform to new systems and situations;
2. Honest, responsible, self-motivated and able to take initiative under minimum supervision;
3. Able to give helpful directions, detailed instructions and demonstrations;
4. Ability to work as part of a team in a cross cultural environment;
5. Able to negotiate and to clarify expectations of both the beneficiaries and team;
6. Willing to spend a considerable amount of time in the field.
7. Currently based in Sumba Island, or East Nusa Tenggara Province preferred.
Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com before November 21, 2013. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview