Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 45 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
ACF has been active in the NTT district since 2007 since its first established in 1999 in Indonesia in cooperation and partnership with the Ministry of Health, local authorities and stakeholders. Around 40 networks have benefited from a renovation, as have water sources and wells. In the Kupang District, ACF now implements a range of integrated community based programs in Nutrition and Care practices, Food Security, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Emergency response and DRR/Climate Change Adaptation going from relief to recovery in order to address effectively the population’s needs.
Under the current activities of our WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) program in Kupang District, East Nusa Tenggara Province, a key area to focus is to support the capacity building of local authorities, community, include local NGO to improve the capacity to replicate key activities on their own future. To actualize this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of “GOVERNMENT and COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR”, with the following:
|Job Title||GOVERNMENT and COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR|
|Period of Contract||12 Months with possible extension|
|Reporting||WASH Program Manager|
|Expected date of join||ASAP|
Educational / Professional Background : University Degree on Development or equivalent professional experience in development
Required Competence & Skills :
Competence in the fields of water, sanitation and hygiene – Competence in trainings organization and implementing participative approaches - Analytical mind and global approach - Planning of activities – Good organizational ability – Good knowledge of the intervention area – Dynamism – Flexibility – Computer skills - Ability to make recommendations and propose solutions
Spoken and written English
General Objectives of the position :
Ensure and evaluate the sustainability of the water, sanitation and hygiene projects through the development of local competences and to link with related authorities..
Objective 1 : Implement the community approach :
- Present the project to the communities ;
- Organize and head meetings with community members ;
- Act as a link between ACF and the communities ;
- Mobilize the community committees to facilitate project implementation ;
- As necessary, follow the work of the committees in the fields of education and hygiene promotion and maintenance of water and sanitation facilities ;
- Make sure the community approach is integrated in the other sectors of the project ;
Objective 2 : Government Support and Coordination
- Act as a link between ACF and the related local authorities
- Support and supervise the coordination within the governmental and partners (POKJA/AMPL, BPSPAMS, and other INGO/LNGOs) .
- Launch, promote, support and evaluate communities projects of CBTS (Community Base Total Sanitation/STBM)
Objective 3: Tools / Module Development
- To develop program tools/ module to be used for program monitoring (both by government and ACF)
- Participate in the training of committee members and community key people : hygiene education and particularly hygiene promotion, maintenance of water and sanitation structures, and collection of technical data
- Participate in the evaluation of the efficiency of committee members and community key people
- Organize complementary training sessions.
Objective 4 : Participate to the evaluation of the impact, coherence, efficiency and sustainability of the approach
- Develop questionnaires and organize surveys to monitor the quality of our project (KAP surveys, monitoring surveys, evaluation surveys)
- Evaluate and enhance coherence between social and technical approach, and with others ACF projects (Food Security / Nutrition)
- Participate and contribute to refreshment trainings for the team and local authorities concerning methodology of implementation (workshops, CBTS, KAP survey)
Objective 5: Reporting and Meetings:
- Participate in weekly and monthly team meeting
- Capitalize information concerning methodology and approach
- External meeting as necessary (POKJA-AMPL, MUSRENBANG, and other related government)
Please submit your letter of interest and recent CV with at least two referees to : email@example.com before 29 January 2016
Please put the title on your application GOV’T and COMM DEV SUPERVISOR. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
“All ACF member of ACF world wideare committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: Independence, Non-discrimination, Free and Direct access to victims, Professionalism and Transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.