TERMS OF REFERENCE: ANNUAL REPORT WRITER
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) was established in December 1997 by the ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfillment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. The ASEAN Foundation is a non-profit ASEAN organ that is committed to promote ASEAN awareness through people-to-people interaction and collaboration with ASEAN stakeholders to help ASEAN build a caring, cohesive, equitable and peaceful ASEAN Community. We work in four programmatic areas of education, arts and culture, media and agriculture. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
The ASEAN Foundation’s 2015 Annual Report outlines the organisation’s results against its 3-year Work Plan of 2014 to 2016 and its annual targets to promote ASEAN awareness through people-to-people interaction and to support the Secretary-General of ASEAN to build the community building process. The Annual Report details what the ASEAN Foundation has achieved in the past year, working with partners and examine the outcome of these accomplishments on the lives of people living in ASEAN.
The Annual Report includes all results achieved under the thematic areas regardless of the source of income. The production of the Annual Report helps the ASEAN Foundation to attain effective and efficient use of resources and be more accountable to donors and other stakeholders. This is to build credibility for the organization and to inspire confidence that the organization is worthy to receive the contribution and investment, made.
The purpose of the consultancy is to write the Annual Report of the ASEAN Foundation for 2015 in line with the tasks of the writer.
TASKS OF THE WRITER
- To extract information from factual sources like project reports, e-News and write success stories in a creative manner that is of human interest
- To liaise and conduct consultations (by phone, skype, or email, as required) with key staff and others (as required) to gather relevant information, to complete the Report for 2015
- To identity relevant photos, graphics, etc from the ASEAN Foundation’s library to go with the text
- Prepare first draft, subsequent drafts and final version of the Annual Results Report; including fact-checking and proof-reading (including after the report goes to the designer
- To deliver the annual report (under 50 pages)
The Writer will work under direct supervision the Executive Director and will work close collaboration with the Programme Staff members and the Head of Finance and Administration for final figures and audited financial reports.
EXPECTED RESULTS / DELIVERABLES
- First draft of the annual report submission: 1 March 2016
- Final draft of the annual report submission: 15 May 2016
- To write and submit the annual report: 15 February – 15 May 2016
A lump sum quotation is required including fees for writing the annual report. Payment will be linked to deliverables.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree in communications, social sciences or other related fields
- At least 8 years of progressive work experience in a relevant field
- Previous results-based Annual Report writing experience
- Knowledgeable in results-based management and results-oriented approach to project implementation
- Previous experience in copy-editing and fact-checking
- High level proficiency in standard computer software, in particular, Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, of publication standard
- Persistence in follow up, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
All interested applicants to send application, stating the position of “ANNUAL REPORT WRITER” with the following documents to procurement@aseanfoundation.
a) application letter and time table on how the assignment will be carried out and completed with clear deliverables
b) curriculum vitae
c) the samples of the writings and
d) financial proposal specifying a total lump sum amount highlighting deliverables.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
25 January 2016