KOMPAK (Governance for Growth) is a large and complex program that is uniquely placed to add value to the Government of Indonesia’s (GOI) own efforts to improve the social and economic conditions of its citizens; it is aimed at economic expansion and poverty reduction in Indonesia. Abt JTA is supporting frontline services—including health and education—while identifying governance constraints. The work accompanies implementation of Village Law and Local Government Law (UU 6/2014 & UU 23/2014), and new national rules that empower local communities and increase the direct flow of money to village governments and services. KOMPAK seeks to strengthen the capacity of all levels of government to improve services, respond to citizen needs and contribute to stable prosperity.
The Opportunity (up to 108 days over 6 months)
Based in Jakarta, with an anticipated start date of mid-late February, the Senior Innovation Lead will lead KOMPAK’s support to GoI in identifying, leveraging and strengthening innovative solutions for frontline service delivery and the development of off-farm economic opportunities for the Indonesian rural poor. The Senior Innovation Lead will create opportunities, identify existing innovative approaches, refine and replicate these, and support the enabling environment for innovation to thrive through designing various Innovation programs at KOMPAK.
Role responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead KOMPAK’s approach for harnessing innovation;
- Ensure action research methods and a platform for learning capture is embedded into initiatives;
- Lead the collection of evidence and learning for testing and scaling innovation;
- Identify existing innovative approaches to improving service delivery and replicate accordingly;
- Sustain and contribute to government, civil-society, private-sector collaborative dialogues and partnerships necessary to institutionalise and scale up innovations;
- Lead the KOMPAK activities which build the enabling environment to leverage innovations for improving service delivery for the poor;
- Scope the viability of an internship program to develop young Indonesian leaders and innovators and a modest “innovation for the poor” challenge fund;
- Work with counterparts to translate and action The Regional Governance Law (UU23/2014) as it relates to encouraging innovation at the local level to address key development constraints; and
- Manage a team of staff working on the innovation program in KOMPAK.
- Extensive experience in designing, managing, monitoring and evaluating Innovation Programmes;
- Entrepreneur in nature;
- Good presentation, communication/writing skills;
- Good understanding of the Global and Indonesian Innovation Space; and
- Good network in public and private sector.
For Further Information and Application Details
Applications should be made online via our dedicated careers website and include a current CV. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and provided with detailed position descriptions and interview details. Shortlisted applicants may also be asked to undertake a work-simulation exercise or other skills test as part of the selection process. We welcome and thank all applicants but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline is 4pm, 8 February 2016 Australian Eastern Standard Time.
About Abt JTA
Abt JTA is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt JTA implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record.
Please send your application through our website: http://jtai.turborecruit.com.
au/job/job_details_view.cfm? id=943415 and do not reply to this email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
KOMPAK HR Team