Hivos Southeast Asia is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by
humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong
focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos
Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in
networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos
Southeast Asia seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Admin & Finance Officer-SII
Duty Station : Sumba, Indonesia
Duration : One year, with possibility of extension
Report to : Field Project Manager-SII
In 2010 Hivos Southeast Asia started the Iconic Island initiative. The
Indonesian island of Sumba was chosen as the 'Iconic Island'. Hivos
Southeast aims to provide access to reliable renewable forms of energy to
the population of this island, and in doing so, ending their dependency on
fossil fuels and support development and economic activities of the local
population. With years of experience working with partner organizations to
establish access to sustainable energy in developing countries, Hivos
Southeast Asia is convinced that converting to sustainable energy while
combining poverty reduction, is possible on a large scale. The results of
the Iconic Island initiative should become an example for other parts of the
In December 2015, Hivos Southeast Asia signed a partnership agreement with
the Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia (MCA-I) which allows Hivos
Southeast Asia to rapidly scale up renewable energy access and income
benefits by replicating the successful approaches and business models
developed under our Sumba Iconic Island (SII). The partnership agreement is
working to achieve two outcomes, including:
1) Improvement of rural livelihoods through utilization of renewable
energy in rural communities; and
2) Sustainable business models to create market (energy market and energy
appliances market) of off-grid RE technologies adopted.
The Admin and Finance Officer supports the field project team in Sumba to
maintain the administration and financial flow and to control and report
financial and administration documents to be reported to Hivos Jakarta
The Admin and Finance Officer position is part of the Sumba Iconic Island
field project team, assisting the field project team overseeing the project
to be delivered with the consortium partners (Yayasan Rumah Energi, Village
Infrastructure Angel and Winrock International) and relevant stakeholders.
and ensuring the compliance towards donor requirements: results, budget,
The Admin and Finance Officer coordinates with other Finance Officers,
Project Manager, Project Deputy Manager, Project Assistant and Project
Roles and responsibilities
1. Controlling and monitoring budget to ensure fund availability every
2. Verifying all office equipment are procured, registered and handed
over in accordance with donor requirement.
3. Ensuring the availability of all financial information for the
reports in Hivos Southeast Asia database.
4. Liaising with all related parties in preparing the financial reports.
5. Ensuring the completeness of supporting financial documents as
required by donors.
6. Providing data to auditor as required.
7. Providing advices on financial matters related to programmes.
8. Supporting Hivos Southeast Asia office accounting as required.
9. Contributing to project update as well as project coordination
10. Provide necessary administrative/logistic support to team members and
to make sure the related procedure is in compliance with Hivos Southeast
Asia and MCA-I procedure.
11. Draft and maintain contractual document for third parties in soft copy
and hard copy based on Hivos Southeast standard.
12. Assist in meetings/event arrangements that led by Hivos Southeast Asia
in Sumba in relation with the project implementation and prepare Minutes of
Meeting (MoM) during coordination meeting.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
1. Relevant education level of working and thinking.
2. Relevant work experience: minimum 2 years in managing administrative
and financial reporting of project
3. Very good in accounting and working with external parties
4. Work experience in international environment and financial project
management will be a good feature.
5. Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to
work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the
possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for ('Admin & Finance
Officer-SII') in the 'subject' line of your email. Only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://hivos.org/.