Hivos is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hub Southeast Asia, Hivos seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Regional Advocacy Officer Sustainable Diets
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration : One year, with possibility of extension
Report to : Coordinator/Programme Development Manager Sustainable Food
The Regional Advocacy Officer hierarchically falls under the Sustainable Food Coordinator/Programme Development manager at Hub SEA, and will functionally report to Sustainable Diets Programme/Advocacy officer in Head Office.
The Regional Advocacy Officer Sustainable Diets manages and implements the advocacy dimension of the Sustainable Diets For All (SD4All) Strategic Partnership in Indonesia. S(h)e positions and profiles the Strategic Partnership of Hivos and IIED as set out in The Citizen Agency Consortium (Chapter Sustainable Diets), engages in the debate, communicates with stakeholders in the broadest sense to generate the moral and political support needed to successfully implement Hivos programmes and projects and gives feedback and recommendations for properly and successfully implementing of the project. The Regional Advocacy Officer is also responsible for working in close liaison with partner organisations, where necessary building and developing advocacy capacities and ensuring partnership action in the area of advocacy.
The Regional Advocacy Officer position is part of the Sustainable Diets global programme SD4All and will participate in the SD4All project team including all Advocacy Officers and communication officers and IIED.
The Regional Advocacy Officer manages and implements the SD4All programme in Indonesia. The programme will include national partners, including the multi-stakeholder Food Innovation Labs and potentially national campaigns. It will include national and international research, relevant for (inter)national advocacy and the Food Diversity Atlas. Regional aspects of advocacy will be integrated along the way.
Roles and responsibilities
- To manage the project and implement advocacy dimensions as per project requirement.
- To represent Hivos Hub SEA in Sustainable Diets activities/meetings in Indonesia and other countries when needed.
- To promote strong relationships and builds supportive networks with partners organizations.
- To be responsible for the progress of the project activties, including: monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of partnership action in the area of advocacy and providing regular progress reports.
- To prepare lessons learned from the project and develop a plan for future activities.
- To build and develop advocacy capacities of the partners.
- To support the knowledge dissemination through trainings, mentoring and field visits.
- To contribute to Hivos overall organizational and policy development.
- To be a reliable and supportive team member for Hub SEA.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Relevant academic level of working and thinking.
- Relevant working experience: 3-5 years.
- Access to relevant national and regional networks and preferable international networks.
- Expertise or experience in advocacy and preferable campaigning experience.
- Advocacy experience in relation to public sector and preferable private sector.
- Relevany work experience in an international environment with NGOs.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 15 January 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Regional Advocacy Officer Sustainable Diets’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos, visit https://hivos.org/.