Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
As an Operations Officer (Accounting), the position will support the project teams with budget administration, monitoring and financial reporting to donors in close collaboration with the Accounting Officer, Analyst, Procurement and Logistics department. In addition, you will assist the finance team in monthly and yearly closing procedures and during the audit process. You will be based in Ubud and the initial contract duration to be offered is for twelve months.
- Indonesian national with a Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum four years of work experience in accounting
- Brevet A and Brevet B certified
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and taxation for not-for-profit context is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience with accounting software and willingness to learn Quickbooks
- Experience with preparing financial reports using advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Positive attitude, hard-working, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to communicate in English
- Ability to perform to a high level under limited supervision.
- Fully computer literate
- Enters all financial transactions in the accounting system in accordance with the accounting standards
- Maintains supporting documentation for all transactions
- Prepares and monitors invoicing and payments to client and payment to vendor, also prepares the payroll process
- monitors travel advances to staff and their timely liquidation
- prepares tax reports and ensures all payments and reportings are done timely, accurately and in accordance with the Indonesian taxation standards
- prepares comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to
- prepares annual budgeting and assists teams in managing and evaluating their financial performance.
- liaises with and assist auditing processes, both internal and external
- keeps abreast with all taxation issues
APPLICATIONS CLOSE JANUARY 17TH 2016
Please send your CV, cover letter and one minute video explaining why you're perfect for the job via our online application form: www.kopernik.ngo/page/
Applicants who are interviewed successfully could be expected to complete a test to demonstrate the necessary skills.