OXFAM is an International Non Governmental Organisation working across the world with a vision of just a world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
This position is for Indonesian Nationals only, based in Jakarta Office, Fixed Term Contract for one year (extension possible). And on D level.
Project Manager Sustainable Development Goals
The job holder will manage the implementation of EU-funded project entitled “ Strengthening Capacity of Civil Society to Enhance Governance of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Indonesia”. S/he will work together and support two national CSOs to ensure efficient and effective delivery of this three-year project. S/he will also play a role in linking up Oxfam’s work on SDGs in Indonesia with similar works in other countries. S/he will play a role in influencing on issues related to Inequality.
· Coordinate and supervise the over-all project planning, implementation, and monitoring-evaluation process in communication with the Economic Justice Campaign and Advocacy Coordinator, MEL Officer, and Digital Database Programmer, and in coordination with partners
· Maintain frequent communication with partners, donors, and other key stakeholders at national and sub-national level in project implementation to ensure good quality and timely project delivery
· Provide expertise and advise to partners in dealing with technical problems in project implementation
· Responsible for reviewing partners' financial and narrative reports, and support partners where needed to ensure high quality reporting, with support from MEL Project Officer and Finance Officer
· Prepare regular reports and updates on the implementation of the project for donors with support from MEL Project Officer, Oxfam Reporting Officer and Economic Justice Program Assistant
· Oversee the implementation of financial audit and final project evaluation process in coordination with Economic Justice Campaign and Advocacy Coordinator, MEL Project Officer and Economic Justice Senior Finance Officer
Network and Alliances and Capacity Building
· Build team capacity through coaching, performance feedback and training opportunities
· Lead the design/planning and implementation of capacity building activities for partners and allies to ensure good project delivery according to the agreed project framework and strategy, and EU compliance standards
· Develop and maintain relationships with key national actors (CSOs, Government, UN, Donors, Private sector, Media) in Indonesia and to lobby external targets in line with the objectives of the project that will strengthen Oxfam's campaign and position in Indonesia.
· Work together with the Oxfam’s media team and Economic Justice Campaign and Advocacy Officer to disseminate relevant project information and advocacy messages to the national media and wider public
· A university degree (essential) and/or masters (an advantage) in a relevant field · At least five years’ relevant experience in development and/or Program and/or project management with international donors; Experience in managing EU grant is an advantage
· Demonstrated experience including in contracting, financial management, monitoring and reporting and design of effective activities.
· Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to think strategically
· Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines
· Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to form productive relationships
· Experience engaging with Indonesian government officials and civil society organizations at national and sub-national level is a must.
· Demonstrable understanding of gender and diversity issues and proven commitment to and evidence of promoting gender and diversity equity. · Knowledge of development issues relevant to Oxfam in Indonesia’s Program of work an advantage
· Fluent in verbal and written English and demonstrated experience communicating in these languages with a variety of audiences
OTHER: It is considered normal for the post holder to undertake around 10 weeks travel per year in Indonesia, with potential international travel, to conduct monitoring, liaise with partners, allies and Oxfam colleagues, and undertake project related activities. It is a condition of employment that staff abides by all agency security and safety protocols, policies and procedures and the Oxfam International Security Protocol.
Closing date for all applications is: January 22nd, 2015
Send your complete application along with your CV to email@example.com cc to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position title (PM-SDG) in the subject of the email. We will offer you a competitive remuneration package.
Oxfam promotes equality and diversity