Senior Leadership Team Opening for Timor Leste
International Organization is seeking a National Director to build our team successes in Asia. The Asia region is uniquely positioned with four of our Alliance members situated within the region and active support of many of the other members in our country operations.
· National Director East Timor
o Responsible for the operational leadership that support the mission and strategic direction;
o Drive forward management and program quality within the national office and our local partners;
o Ensure the organization its local partners are prepared to respond to emergencies while ensuring DRR is mainstreamed into the work we do;
o Successfully lead and acquire a diverse and large portfolio of external funding sources in line with the program’s CSP;
· 5-7 years experience managing development programs at a senior management position
· Experience in emergency programs, and/or community development
· Experience in the management of large institutional grants preferred
· Proven track record of strong management skills with complex programs and a large number of staff.
· Experienced in child focused programming
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
· Ability to grow/develop a development agency by attracting local and international resources and building alliances.
· Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
· Ability to pragmatically solve problems, plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic and forward thinking abilities to achieve an effective resolution.
· Demonstrated technical expertise in such areas as: project, budget and resource management.
· Strong leadership skills in such areas as: fostering teamwork; developing and motivating others; managing change; conflict resolution; initiative and flexibility.
· Strong visioning, strategic planning, and implementation ability.
· Effective under pressure, results oriented and proactive with the ability to multi-task.
· Ability to demonstrate support for innovation and organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
· Ability to recognize, react and adjust to rapidly changing conditions and to lead the resources in appropriate direction with cohesiveness and a sense of urgency.
· College degree or above in community development/social science or relevant discipline.
This is for International Position.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link:
Deadline for lodging applications: 28 February 2016