Early Childhood Education (ECE) Consultancy
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Scope of Work of Consultant
The study will enquire into existing ECE capacity and the business/operational models of ECE centers in Indonesia. It will:
· Estimate the growth of this sector over the past 5 years and its likely expansion in the near future.
· Assess how the ECE ‘market’ is segmented (by income group, by geography, by education of parents, by size of school, by investor categories, and by quality outcomes).
· Assess constraints to growth and investment as well as constraints to the improvement in educational quality and outcomes particularly for the lower income quintiles of the population.
· Identify the more prominent ECE business/implementation models in use, such as: purely philanthropic, purely commercial, parts of both; what are the targeted population segments by various types of ECE providers, and assess the extent that ECE franchises are viable in various parts of the Indonesian ECE market.
· Estimate the costs of various models of ECE provision and the ease of entry and exit from this “business”.
· Complete a literature review of best practices and national strategies within Asia for ECE and suggest appropriate measures for public policy in this field in Indonesia.
· Identify innovative promotional solutions that could be supported by partners such as DFAT, the World Bank or ADB as well as MoEC – paying particular attention to need to ensure that all communities have access to affordable quality ECE services
· An initial 8-10 day fact-finding mission of one international and two domestic consultants will assist MoEC and DFAT to more precisely define the broad scope of the proposed study and draft a comprehensive terms of reference for that work. This activity will take place in February 2016.
· The full study could then be commissioned to begin in April 2106.
Work Location: Jakarta, Indonesia. Any required local travel will be reimbursed to the consultant.
Timing: The consultant’s assignment is anticipated to commence in February 2016.
Evaluation: Applicants will be evaluated based on academic background and relevant professional experience to be demonstrated in: early childhood systems management; education service provision models, particularly for early learning centers; survey design and implementation; education financing. Strong English language skills are required.
Interested candidates should send the following documentations: Resume and Cover Letter. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject, and submit the application by 31 January 2016 to email@example.com.
RTI values equal employment opportunities. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.