Yayasan Literasi Anak Indonesia: IMMEDIATE VACANCY
Program Operations Manager
YLAI is an established NGO for informal education that works in the field of Indonesian literacy education for young children. It develops reading materials and resources in the Indonesian language, as well as provides literacy training programs as a resource for implementation in local kindergarten and primary schools. To date its programs are reaching 12,000 schools across 7 provinces
This is a management position primarily responsible for leadership and supervision of all work related to implementing YLAI’s Literacy Programs in Indonesia. The Program Operations Manager will oversee the implementation, coordination, development, and reporting of our current and prospective Program and Administrative work in the field of education. While the position is primarily based in Bali, regular travel to all geographical areas where YLAI works will be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Direct and ensure efficient, effective and timely management of all designated program development, implementation, budgeting and internal controls per the design created by the technical programs staff.
· Responsible for overseeing and facilitating the completion of reporting and timely and accurate data entry in YLAI’s Database.
· Responsible for supervising the coordination on procurement, inventory management, and distribution of reading programs.
· Facilitates communication between the technical team at the YLAI Office level and the field level implementation team.
· Supervise and conduct appraisals for all YLAI staff.
· Visit project sites to support and supervise program implementation.
· Develop and implement ideas that address program priorities in collaboration with theYLAIstaff, and provide input into strategic and operational planning exercises.
· Explore shared-learning and networking opportunities.
· Ensure government approval and legal compliance of the programs implemented directly or through YLAI partners at the national and district level.
· Develop and manage relationships with government, NGOs and appropriate educational bodies as related to program implementation.
· Provide regular updates on program implementation and plans to the YLAI Director.
· Participate in any other activities as required to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
· Minimum Bachelor’s(S1) degree, (S2 preferred), in Education, Business, Management or other related field.
· A minimum 5 years of professional experience, including some years working in a senior managerial role.
· At least a working knowledge and understanding of office management methodology.
· Strong planning, budgetary, supervising, and project implementation skills preferably in education sector.
· Prior experience preferred working with schools, teachers, administrators and government officials.
· Ability to travel regularly to project sites and Province or District offices throughout Indonesia.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills both in English and Indonesian.
To be a successful member of the YLAI team, you will require the following:
· Have passion for our mission in the field of children’s literacy, and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization.
· Be an innovative and creative thinker that tries new things and inspires others to do so.
· Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
· Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction.
· Work well independently as well as part of a team.
· Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
YLAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits including 13thmonth bonus, health insurance for staff and their family; leaves and staff professional development. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of thousands of children in Indonesia by focusing on literacy in education.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email, with “Program Operations Manager” in the subject line, (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to YLAIHiring@ gmail.com. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Deadline to submit application Friday, February 12, 2016. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
YLAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. For more information about our programs, please visit our website www.literasi.org