Communications Officer/Consultant – based in Jakarta
The Conference Board of Canada (CBoC) requires an Indonesian Communications Consultant to work on the Canada-Indonesia Trade and Private Sector Assistance (TPSA) project funded by Global Affairs Canada. TPSA is a five-year project aimed to reduce poverty and increase sustainable economic growth in Indonesia through the expansion of Indonesian trade with Canada and the encouragement of Canadian investment in Indonesia.
Drawing on your development project communications and visibility expertise, particularly related to Indonesia, you will be responsible for specific activities to communicate TPSA focus and progress to project beneficiaries and thereby inform evidence-based capacity building and policy development outcomes. The consultant will work closely with the TPSA project team in Jakarta and Ottawa and other long-term and short-term experts to implement the effective communications of TPSA activities over the next four years.
Reporting to the Canadian Field Director based in Jakarta, and coordinating with the Project Managers based in Canada and Jakarta, the Indonesian Communications Manager will have a number of responsibilities, including the planning, design, and implement of strategies for communications and outreach focusing on the achievement of the following:
· Understand the target audience of the project’s communications, such as SMEs, implementation partners, policy makers, etc. and strategize and plan accordingly;
· Develop and implement a results oriented communications plan for the TPSA project that includes communications objectives for the project, strategies for reaching selected audiences, and recommendations for communications vehicles. This strategy may include topics such as introduction/context, target audiences, objectives, key messages, communications environment/considerations, recommended approach, recommended tactics/vehicles, timelines, realistic budget estimates, suggested evaluation criteria/approaches, etc.);
· Specifically, develop strategies and protocols for communicating with different stakeholder audiences including: Canadian Embassy, Canadian government departments, Government ministries in Indonesia, Indonesian private sector, Canadian private sector, academia and NGO audiences;
· Coordinate and manage the project’s visibility, such as content management, norms for publishing and design, etc.;
· Maintain an updated network of suppliers (editors, translators, graphics artists, etc. to ensure effective production and dissemination;
· Supervise the implementation and updating of content of the project’s website, newsletter, and social media vehicles, including the development and/or refinement of content for same;
· Capture the outcomes/successes of roundtable discussions, conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc., with the support of the project’s Event Manager and other team members.
· Follow up with project trainees to develop success stories and qualify the impacts and results of the project activities.
· Respond to inquiries for project information materials;
· Contribute to the preparation of the project workplans and reports as appropriate;
· Perform other related tasks and assignments as required by the project.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor or Master degree in Communications or other relevant fields of study would be desirable;
· Minimum 2 years for candidate with Master Degree and 6 years for candidates with Bachelor Degree of professional experience at national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy;
· Experience in developing communications and external relations strategy and plan and the implementation of them;
· Solid network with the media/publications community. Journalist experience would be an asset;
· Demonstrated experience of producing high-quality writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
· Excellent verbal English and Bahasa Indonesia communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal, team building, and presentation skills;
· Excellent analytical skills and advanced computer skills;
· Must be able to travel to different parts of Indonesia if required for project activities;
· Previous work experience with international development projects would be an asset.
NOTE: INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND THEIR CV BY FEBRUARY 25, 2016
WITH REFERENCES AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO:ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED