The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. PAKLIM, a Program advising and supporting the national government, local governments and industries with climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Personal Assistant to Program Director
The objective of the position is to effectively and efficiently support the Programme Director in the management of the GIZ Cluster portfolio “Climate Governance” and “Transport & Urbanization”. The incumbent is responsible for the
- Maintenance of an overall good flow of communication to and from the Programme Director
- Ensuring that PD is organized and productive and assists in all administrative duties
- Ensuring of a smooth daily operational execution for all administrative and managerial issues concerning the Programme Director
- Ensuring of a smooth daily operational execution of programme affairs incl. maintaining filing systems, visa arrangement etc.
1. Personal Assistance to the PD
- Independent organizing and coordinating the schedule and appointments of the Programme Director deciding on priorities and liaise directly, if required, with the institutions and persons requesting appointments
- Independent reminding, updating and briefing the Programme Director on his appointments for the day
- Attending to all incoming and outgoing letters, facsimiles and electronic mails that concern the Programme Director and in organizing correspondence so that priorities are attended first
- Attending to all correspondence and documentation in German, English and Indonesian, including translation if required, and formulate replies independently after consultation with the PD
- Prepare, compile, organize and document information material for the PD and/or meetings
- Assist in the documentation of meetings
- Independently organize workshops and liaise with the invited organizations and persons
- Independent organization of all travel (related to business trip), ticket, accommodation reservation for the PD and prepare the travel cost reimbursement of the PD
- Monitor time schedules of the Programme Director and maintain the appointment schedule
- Maintain correct up-to-date filing procedures (electronic and hard-copy) in PD office.
- Keep information confidential, particularly in the field of personnel and finance
- Coordinate and maintain leave and duty trip reports of TLs and NP
- Prepare time sheets (“Zeitaufschriebe”) for the PD
- Prepare staff talk document for AMA and NP
2. Office Management
- Answer, screen, forward and/or return phone calls and messages (in time of overload works need to be assisted)
- Organize meetings, workshops, seminars etc. of PAKLIM Management in cooperation with Procurement and Contract Officer
- Support AMA in logistical matters (preparing flight and accommodation request)
- Monitor responses and carry out routine correspondence, as requested.
- Setting up and maintaining the project filing system (PFS and DMS), taking care that information is kept confidential (particularly in the field of personnel)
- Support Country Office Indonesia (COI) in the process of visa arrangement for expats of PAKLIM:
- Monitors expiry dates of visa, passports and upcoming AMA and informs COI, PD and Liaison Officer in time
3. General tasks
- Supervise and coordinate project/program support staff (driver, cleaner, etc.)
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
B. Required qualifications, skills, competences and experience
- University degree in office management/administration or similar area
- at least 5 years professional experience in an international organization and comparable position
Essential skills, additional competences and other knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, incl. knowledge of different software packages;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent language skills in English, very good skills in German is mandatory
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Honesty and reliability;
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
Duty Station: PAKLIM Office – Jakarta
Expected to Join: March 2016
Direct Supervisor: Program Director
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 23 February 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: PAKLIM - PA.