ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces. For more information please visit www.childfund.org.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
: Project Officer - ENERGY
Reporting to : Project Coordinator - ENERGY
: Jakarta, Indonesia
: until December 2016
ChildFund was awarded a grant on Lifestage 3 on youth employment, by the name of The ENERGY (Enhancing aNd EmpoweRinG Youth). The project uses education as a key focus area to break the cycle of poverty and stimulate economic development through ChildFund’s Youth Forums by providing instruction in workforce readiness, ultimately providing participants with the tools to secure employment for themselves.
The project will be implemented in Batam and Cileungsi. Batam and Cileungsi have inadequate schools systems that contribute to both communities’ high youth unemployment rates. Girls in both communities have been disproportionately impacted by unemployment and lack of education. In Batam, child prostitution and trafficking have increased significantly, and Cileungsi has high rates of teen pregnancy and domestic violence.
The project is seeking a Project Officer to establish four (4) Youth Forums for three hundred (300) youths (ages 15-24, 80% female) in Batam and Cileungsi. These Forums will provide the skills and knowledge (including: training modules provided by Intel and CBET Module developed by ILO).
The Project Officer will also provide technical assistance to ChildFund Indonesia’s Local Partners in batam and one Pesantren in Cileungsi and liase with local government (district office of Manpower, Social welfare and Education) and businesses, to establish internship opportunities.
§ Provide leadership in the implementation/management of a
ll project activities based upon approved
plans, budgets and agreements, and in compliance with organizational
policies/procedures, operational systems, and donor requirements and
- Closely coordinate with Local Partner in Batam and pesantren in Cileungsi and ensuring the implementation of project activities within approved plans, budgets and agreements, and in compliance with organizational policies/procedures, operational systems, and donor requirements and regulations.
§ Closely coordinate with Local Partner in Batam and pesantren in Cileungsi and Youth Development Specialist to establish 4 youth forums for 300 youths.
- Conduct program/project monitoring visits and spot checks in the areas of assignment to address identified performance problems/issues.
§ Build relationship and collaborate with stakeholders (Government officials, NGOs, Schools, media, business entity) at thelocal level for resource sharing and complementation (financial, technical, etc.).
- Maintain positive relationship with the donor through preparation and submission of timely and high-quality reports and documentations.
§ Collaborate closely with Caterpillar Indonesia both in Batam and Cileungsi for smooth implementation of the project.
- In collaboration with Zonal Manager work to develop the budget, track spending, and ensure timely financial reporting.
- Assist and collaborate with concerned staff to conduct of initiatives aimed to enhance program quality and secure additional funding to support and expand services for the project.
- Identify and build cooperation with relevant institution for training, company or person as the resources to support the project implementation.
· 3 + years experience working on programs related to youth empowerment/youth employment.
· Experience in managing community development programs
· Experience in establishing youth forums.
· Demonstrated experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs is preferred.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
· Have skills and experience in delivering training
· Good oral/written communication and organizational skills
· Must be able to travel to program locations; where applicable
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant human services discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience; advanced degree desirable.
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link:
(and look for career opportunities/Project Officer - ENERGY - Jakarta-Indonesia)Deadline for lodging applications: 15 March 2016