RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
In 2011, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded RTI the ENVISION project (2011-2019). Building on the achievements and lessons learned from the Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) Control Program (2006-2012), ENVISION is designed to continue support for integrated NTD control at both global and country levels by empowering national governments to lead their national NTD control programs, improve local capacity and systems to foster efficient and sustained integrated NTD control, and scale up the delivery of interventions for several NTDs targeted by USAID. In Indonesia support is focused on helping to strengthen the Ministry of Health’s program for the mass treatment for lymphatic filariasis (elephantiasis) leading to elimination of the disease by 2020.
RTI International – ENVISION Project is seeking for highly qualified candidates to fill the position of:
The Grants Manager (GM) is responsible for managing fixed obligation grants (FOGs) to local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to support districts to implement activities for the control and elimination of NTDs in Indonesia. The GM will work closely with the team to ensure that local NGOs are able to manage their grants efficiently and transparently in compliance with USAID rules and regulations. The GM will be responsible for the submission of all grant-related documentation to the ENVISION Awards Manager for review and approval.
This position reports to the South East Asia Regional NTD Manager at ENVISION Indonesia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the NTD Manager, Finance and Operations Manager, Technical Advisor, and M&E Specialist to develop and review fixed obligation grant (FOG) project descriptions and budgets and ensure activities are in line with the approved country workplan and budget.
• Submit grant documentation to the ENVISION Awards Manager for review and submission to USAID.
• Prepare NGO grant agreements and modifications for review and signature by the ENVISION Awards Manager.
• Provide detailed oversight of FOGs and associated deliverables and reports.
• Enter all grant information into grants management database.
• Travel to selected districts for supervision and training of NGOs as needed and complete site visit reports and monitoring checklists to document reviews performed.
• Coordinate with the M&E Specialist to report on NGO progress in completing milestones on a weekly basis. Submit weekly progress reports to the ENVISION team highlighting any areas of concern or matters requiring remedial action.
• Assist in training NGO staff in managing FOG agreements and monitoring progress to ensure project is carried out within budget and according to stated timeline.
• Provide technical assistance to build capacity of NGOs to manage grants and monitor NTD activities.
• Maintain all files for grants (technical and financial) and ensure complete audit trail for all necessary grant documentation.
• Work with Finance and Operations Manager to ensure timely financial disbursements to districts upon submission of approved deliverables.
• Ensure compliance with RTI’s grants management policies and USAID rules and regulations.
• Close-out completed grants.
• Oversight of other ENVISION activities as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Program Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field and at least 10 years of experience in financial and administrative management or Master’s Degree and at least six years of experience.
• Proven track record of effective grants/subcontracts management to achieve project objectives is required.
• Must possess strong understanding of USAID grants and contracts policies and regulations.
• Strong financial management, organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
• Experience in public health, specifically program management and provision of technical assistance, is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, is required.
• Must have functional fluency in English (both oral and written).
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2016.
RTI values equal employment opportunities. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.