Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a US – based voluntary organization working in more than 80 countries around the world to assist people victims of disasters, people in need and the disadvantaged regardless of race, belief or nationality. CRS has been operating in Indonesia since 1957 under the Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Social Affairs with programs primarily in the areas of community development, humanitarian assistance, Disaster management and Emergency Response.
CRS/Indonesia is currently hiring for an ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT to be based in Jakarta. This position will report to HR & Admin Manager.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY The Admin Assistant is to provides overall administrative support within the office to ensure the smooth implementation of CRS Indonesia programs. This position also as the first point of contact for anyone contacting the office and is responsible for managing incoming and outgoing telephone calls, handling correspondence, receiving and directing visitors and ensures all guests are treated in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
This position will be responsible for:
· Courteously receives visitors and directs phone callers to the appropriate colleague, take and deliver messages as needed
· Manages the registration and distribution of incoming mail/faxes/letters/documents and facilitates the delivery of outgoing mails/faxes/documents
· Provides secretarial services to the Country Manager and other staff as needed
· Sets up appointments/meetings with external parties for Country Manager and other staff as requested, including transportation reservation.
· Provides logistical support for in-the-office meetings: prepares the meeting room, equipment and refreshments as necessary.
· Performs general administrative duties such as photocopying; filing, and typing and printing electronic documents as requested.
· Maintains office supplies inventory and distribution;
· Maintains hygiene and kitchen supplies (sundries) inventory and distribution
· Supports the HR & Administration Manager and Procurement & Logistics Coordinator in the documentation and collection of bids, check if items delivered by suppliers are as requested and described in the Purchase Order (PO), and match the invoices against the PO;
· Ensures that all CRS equipment, tools and assets are properly labeled
· Reviews monthly landline and mobile phone bills and assigns each bill to related staff for identification and verification of personal use, and prepares payment request for the bills. If and when necessary, reminds staff to settle their personal phone bills timely.
· Reviews invoices from services providers, vendors, travel agents, etc., verify the invoices with staff responsible for the transactions as necessary, the prepares payment requests
· Ensures that all office equipment function well at all time, and arrange maintenance and/or repair services when needed
Travel & Logistics
· Administers both domestic and international travel arrangements for all staff as per approved Travel Request Form (TRF) and/or Travel Request Authorization (TRA)
· Assists staff in the process of obtaining visa from a foreign country embassy/consulate. This includes preparing support letter, copy of travel itinerary and other office travel documents as requested by the embassy/consulate.
· Manages CRS-approved in – country hotel list and arranges hotel reservations for traveling staff and visitors
· Arranges airport pick-up and drop – off for both staff and visitors as needed
· Assists in preparation and commencement of in-country CRS-organized meetings and workshops
· Assists staff who travels abroad in filling out and/or updating the Agency Staff Locator.
· Ensures the CRS Indonesia Welcome Package which contains basic facts about Indonesia and Constant Companion, is up – to – date and available for visitors and new staff, and ensure that the visitors received the package prior to departure from their country of origin.
· Assists international guests and visitors in obtaining documents for Indonesia visa application. This may include invitation letter and copy of hotel reservation.
· Arranges hotel reservations and local transportation as needed.
Petty Cash and Other Support
· Administers the office petty cash account: collects completed petty cash request forms, verifies signatures and receipts, and disburses cash if approved; replenishment petty cash account on monthly basis or as needed in accordance with established petty cash management procedures;
· Verifies and reconciles petty cash vouchers;
· Supports Finance department in office banking activities, such as sending office checks to or getting check from the bank or other vendors/parties withdrawal request letter and/or other documents to the bank and, with Country Manager’s authorization, withdrawing cash from the bank.
· Assists other departments as necessary and/or upon request from the HR & Administration Manager
· The Finance Officer may be called upon as part of their roles and responsibilities to participate and/ or provide support in emergency response situations when and where required in consultation with their supervisor.
1. Graduated from Secretary Academic, D-3 Business Administration/ Management or University studies in related field, Bachelor’s degree will be an advantage,
2. Proficiency in English, both speaking and writing.
3. Proficient in the use of MS Windows and MS Office programs
4. Strong administration and work organization skills
5. Some bookkeeping background/skill is preferable
6. Ability to plan and organize his/her work independently,
7. Proven level of integrity and honesty
8. Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
9. Possesses an attitude of service and support.
10. Willing to travel outside of Jakarta if necessary
11. Demonstrated team behavior.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply and email their CV to Iwan.Tarmizi@crs.org ,included 3 references. The closing of this position will be on March 31st, 2016.
"Only short-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail/phone for Interview”