Kindly find vacancy info for your perusal.
The U.S.-Indonesia Joint Council on Higher Education Partnership (“Joint Council”) and the U.S.-Indonesia Society (“USINDO”) announce a full-time opening for an Education Officer, to be based at the USINDO office in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2016
In collaboration with the Executive Director of the U.S.-Indonesia Joint Council for Higher Education Partnership in Washington, D.C., and with the USINDO Representative in Jakarta:
· Manage and monitor effectiveness of the nine current Joint Council-initiated partnerships between U.S. and Indonesian universities and institutions.
· Seek opportunities for establishing effective new university-to-university partnerships
· In collaboration with the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta and the Indonesian Ministry of Finance’s LPDP Office, manage the Joint Council’s Indonesian Scholars’ Graduate Application Fund program which facilitates the application process at U.S. universities.
· Build and maintain professional relationships with leaders and professionals in Indonesia at the following types of institutions and organizations: U.S. Embassy in Jakarta; Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education (RISTEK-DIKTI); foundations; and corporations with interests in education.
· Manage content for the Joint Council’s website and take the lead on producing the monthly newsletter on higher education.
· Assist U.S. universities with establishing contacts at Indonesian institutions as well as scheduling meetings and helping with the logistics for U.S. university visits to Indonesia.
· Regularly interact with the U.S.-based Executive Director of the Joint Council on opportunities and challenges related to higher education in Indonesia.
· Collaborate with the USINDO Jakarta Office on education-related projects.
· Bachelor degree (S1) or higher
· Five years of experience in higher education
· Knowledge of the Indonesian higher education system
· Fluency in English and Indonesian
· Strong writing ability in English
· Proficiency in social media and web content management
· Strong inter-personal skills and high energy
· Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Able to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
· Personal initiative, results-orientation, and sound judgment
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Knowledge of the U.S. higher education system and/or experience attending university in the United States
· Contacts/connections at Indonesian universities, government ministries, and private sector
SUPERVISION & REPORTING
The Education Officer will report directly to the Executive Director of the Joint Council in Washington, DC, but will be based at the USINDO Office in Jakarta. S/he will collaborate with the USINDO Country Representative in Jakarta on education-related issues and be part of the USINDO team.
ABOUT THE JOINT COUNCIL
The U.S.-Indonesia Joint Council on Higher Education Partnership (“Joint Council”) was founded by USINDO and is based at USINDO’s headquarters in Washington, DC. It is composed of various higher education associations, universities, foundations, and corporations in the United States and Indonesia.
The mission of the Joint Council is to increase higher education ties between the United States and Indonesia resulting in:
· Increased numbers of Indonesians and Americans studying in each other’s respective countries.
· Establishing strong and sustainable partnerships between American and Indonesian universities in areas of research and faculty & student exchange with an emphasis on capacity building at Indonesian institutions.
The Joint Council remains the only non-governmental organization recognized by the presidents of both the United States and Indonesia in their founding Joint Declaration of the U.S.-Indonesia Comprehensive Partnership. The two presidents specifically encouraged the Joint Council to “harness the energies of the non-governmental, public, and private sectors in both countries in support of expanding bilateral programs in higher education, including to help build Indonesia’s
capacity to provide world class university education.” (Article 7: Joint Declaration of the
Comprehensive Partnership, November 2010)
How to apply:
Please submit your resume, a cover letter, three references, and three writing samples in English, on or before the deadline of February 19, 2016. The applications should be submitted email@example.com. Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org