The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development with around 16,400 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and public and private sector clients in around 130 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The GIZ Office Indonesia is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Human Resources Manager
The incumbent will perform the scope of the following tasks, but is not limited to:
· efficiently dealing with queries about HR issues;
· independently managing of HR section;
· develop/improve/monitor processes in the HR area;
· correctly providing services within the team in accordance with GIZ's requirements;
1. Dialogue with the Director of Administration, Finance & HR
· advises the Director of Administration, Finance & HR on questions relating to the HR area and on issues that are relevant to different groups;
· Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues;
2. Management Responsibility
· Support for recruiting of GIZ staffs in relation with Director of Administration, Finance & HR, selecting, grading, planning the assignment of and professional development of aHR Officer including the annual assessment;
· Develop, review, and monitor the implementation of Human Resources best practices within the organization;
· Supervise Human Resources Officers;
· Provide Human Resources monthly and annual report to management;
· Check and acknowledge the timesheet of HR Section.
3. National Personnel Policy
· Develop and/or review GIZ Policy for NP to meet the manpower regulation of Government of Indonesia and actual needs of the organization;
· Monitor the implementation of HR policies, procedures, and personnel handbook across the projects and make sure the implementation consistent in practices in all projects;
· Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures;
· Develop and/or review the Standard Operation Procedures related to HR section in GIZ Indonesia to meet the actual needs of the organization;
· Discuss and update the regulation to be implemented in the new Employment Handbook.
4. Recruitment of NP in GIZ Indonesia
· Lead the recruitment process based on SOP;
· Evaluate the applications as final shortlist to be discussed with Director of Administration and make a resume of all of the candidates to be approved by Country Director before the interview is conducted;
· Conduct reference check of the success candidates before hiring stage;
· Finalize the job description after checking with the supervisor of the section and Director of Admin.
5. Establish and implement HR plan
· Develop career-paths for NP in Indonesia;
· Support job rotation and assignments;
· Give necessary advice for the office and projects NP related to employment condition such as assess the job description and salary increment based on GIZ standard, termination process and special cases;
· Liaise with Labor office and Labor consultant whenever advices are needed;
· Facilitate the employer and the staff when there is a special case;
· Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
6. Compensation and Benefits
· Supervise the medical insurance administration;
· Review and develop salary scale every year or whenever needed by joining and actively involved the salary survey with other donor organization and provide recommendation to management to ensure that the range meet government regulation and as of market force;
· Supervise payroll system.
7. Industrial relation
· Handle and solve the issues such as dispute, grievances, etc;
· Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations;
· Participate and facilitate the discussion between NP and NP Representative working group.
8. Other duties/additional tasks
· performs other duties and tasks at the request of management;
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
· Bachelor degree in human resources, law, business administration or similar area;
· At least 5 years' professional experience in a comparable position with managerial experience.
Other knowledge, additional competences
· Excellent understanding in Human Resources and Development area: Organization, recruitment, performance evaluation, training and development, HR legal aspects, industrial relations and strong understanding in Indonesian Labor Law and regulations;
· Strong leadership ability, interpersonal skill, communication & negotiation skill;
· Finely tuned organizational skills and ability to work on one's own initiative at the conception level;
· Strong Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must. German language skills will be an advantage;
· very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
· Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed-corresponding measures is agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Direct Supervisor: Director of Administration, Finance & HR
Expected Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, resume, trainings attended and list of references, addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 31 March 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: GIZ COI – HR Manager.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.