ILO is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Admin and Finance Assistant. More detail are as follows:
02 March 2016
Admin and Finance Assistant
Deadline for application:
15 March 2016
ILO Better Work Indonesia
One year contract, renewable subject
Expected starting date:
01 June 2016
For any questions related to this post, please contact:- Ms Hermawaty Misnan, Admin/ HR Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Better Work is a unique partnership program between the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC). Launched in February 2007, it aims to improve compliance with labour standards and competitiveness in global supply chains. Better Work involves the development of both global tools and country level projects. The focus is on developing scalable and sustainable solutions, which build cooperation between government, employer and worker organizations, and international buyers.
Improving compliance with labour standards in global supply chains is an important part of a pro-poor development strategy. Ensuring workers’ rights and entitlements are protected helps to distribute the benefits of trade. Better Work supports enterprises in implementing the ILO core international labour standards and national labour law. This helps enterprises compete in global markets where many buyers demand compliance with labour standards from their suppliers. Improved labour standard compliance also helps enterprises be more competitive through higher productivity and quality. These benefits help build the business case and supplier support for improved labour standard compliance.
In 2011 the Better Work Indonesia country program became operational with a view to making its services available to enterprises in the garments and footwear sector of Indonesia. By February 2016, the program worked with 151 enterprises.
For more information see www.betterwork.org
The position’s main function is the implementation of ILO financial and administrative procedures and management of accounts so as to enable timely and accountable planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities. S/he will work closely with relevant staff in the ILO Jakarta office on all programming, operational and financial aspects of the project to assist coordination and assist facilitation of the highest technical integrity of the project outputs, as identified in the project document.
Supervision and Guidance
The position reports to the Better Work Indonesia Chief Technical Advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for good maintenance of all project files and records (including paper and electronic filing systems) for administrative, financial, equipment, reporting and all other correspondence;
- Search and select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers,project plans and general reference documents.Check all project financial/progress reports, verify the accuracy of calculations and the completeness of supporting documents, initiate correspondence to verify data, answers queries
- Provide administrative/logistic support for capacity building activities, meetings, seminars and/or workshops at the national and provincial level and prepare and ensure accurate Statement of Expenditures of the events.
- Liaise with the Foundation and other implementing partners and service providers on the timely submission of accurate relevant financial and other records required.
- Assist the development of budget reporting format for stakeholder receiving support from the project as well as follow up with financial reporting from stakeholder receiving support from the project;
- Make disbursements from petty cash fund. Maintain records of such disbursements and balance accounts as required; Prepare the petty cash account report for approval by the project CTA.
- Calculate and ensure completeness/accuracy of travel expenses claims by all project staff, and overtime claim for further transmission to ILO for settlement.
- Calculate and compile cost estimates and projected budget requirements and assist in the preparation of project budget, budget revisions/budget rephasing;
- Maintain contact with local banks to clarify questions pertaining to project bank account.
- Procure project supplies and arrange for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records.
- Prepare letters of agreement, service contracts and external collaborator contracts.
- Arrange appointments, receive visitors, organize meetings and local travel arrangements.
- Clear outgoing correspondence for accuracy and conformity with established procedures before sending out, take follow-up action as required,
- Assist in processing requests for visas, identity cards, and other necessary administrative documents for project staff and incoming missions.
- Support the development and reproduction of communications and promotional products and materials and arrange delivery of publications as required.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Education – Diploma from a secretarial and administration academy or college with formal training in accounting and/or finance.
Experience – At least five years of general administrative, accounting and clerical experience. Prior experience with ILO/UN administrative and financial procedures and requirements is an advantage.
Nationality - Indonesian
Languages – Excellent knowledge of English and Indonesian.
Remuneration - General Service Level 5 of the UN common remuneration system and/or commensurate with the qualifications and competency of the selected candidate.
- Good knowledge of the financial and administrative principles and practices.
- Good administrative skills to provide administrative support.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance procedures and ability to maintain financial records and prepare clerical reports and statements accurately.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, monitor and evaluate project administrative and finance requirements and expenditure.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with government and social partners at national and local level.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with project sectors.
- Attention to meticulous and timely task execution and delivery.
- Shares knowledge – Shares important or relevant knowledge and information formally or informally; promotes knowledge transfer.
Application – Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified. Please submit application indicating the Vacancy Announcement Number along with your CV and 3 references to:
INTERNATIONAL LABOUR OFFICE
Email : email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be notified.
The ILO promotes opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive employment in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity