United Nations World Food Programme
United Nations World Food Programme Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: National Finance Officer
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 6 months with possibility for extension
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Accountabilities: Within delegated authority, Finance Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Advise and support the Country Director and Head of Unit on financial and administrative matters, and financial status of programme; Provide regular and ad hoc financial information to Country Director and Head of Unit to support informed financial decision making;
2. Ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Ensure transparent and efficient utilization of WFP’s financial resources; Monitor and advise the Country Director and Head of Unit on the financial status of projects and programmes (including pending and approved budgets; contributions confirmed but not yet available for expenditure; contributions available for expenditure and contributions already expended);
3. Participate in preparing the WFP budgets, budget implementation, monitoring and act as Certifying Officer of the country office or sub office;
4. Set up proper accounting procedures and systems, internal controls to ensure that proper monitoring mechanisms are in place; Identify weaknesses and address them immediately;
5. Perform oversight functions and audit function (pre – audit preparations and follow up on audit recommendations)
6. Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorisations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation;
7. Ensure proper maintenance of vendor accounts and timely clearance of outstanding advances and other receivables;
8. Manage the consolidation and preparation of Minimum Monthly Closure Report (MMC) and submission to regional office, other corporate financial reports; Ensure that bank reconciliations for WFP accounts are regularly performed and regularly reviewed by designated officials; Ensure efficient local banking arrangements and compliance with local financial and banking regulations;
9. Coordinate financial closure for entrusted imprest accounts;
10. Draft correspondence and internal procedural directives relating to budgetary and financial matters;
11. Supervise staffs within the unit as required; provide assistance to other units as requested;
12. Perform other related duties as required
Advanced university degree (masters or equivalent in finance, business administration, accounting, or related field) or university degree with experience and advanced training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: accounting, public administration, business administration or other related areas; or membership in a recognized professional accountancy body.
At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in finance.
Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration. Experience in financial data/transaction processing software (i.e: SAP) is an advantage
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Experience in conducting audit on UN Agency and/or International NGO
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to E-mail:Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org and received no later than 24 March 2016. Please state the title of the post in the email subject.
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food Programme. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic messages.