The establishment of The Center for Public Policy Transformation in Indonesia (Transformasi) in 2013 was driven by the vision to contribute to the process of decentralization through strengthening credibility, responsibility, transparency and accountability of local government to govern more effectively through effective policies. The organization’s mission is to promote knowledge, evidence, and best practices as the basis of the policy-making process and encourage deliberative involvement of stakeholders in the process. Transformasi works with think tank groups to conduct policy research, case study analysis and facilitate policy forum involving mayors and district heads in order to identify the best possible recommendations for policy makers.
Transformasi is hence committed to building awareness of policy makers, particularly at the regional level, to recognize the importance of good information to address critical issues, deepening their understanding of existing problems and using such evidence to explore alternative policy options for an improved decision making.
Transformasi is a dynamic and fluid organization that needs to continually examine itself and the impact of its work. The organization is currently going through a strategic visioning process in order to best inform the future focus on the organization. Transformasi is looking for a thoughtful and energetic leader, to serve as the Executive Director, who will be central to the organization as it evolves to meet the challenges of our programs in the future.
The Executive Director at Transformasi is a strategic leader who reports to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the successful leadership and overall operational and managerial responsibility of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. He or she recruits, manages, and supervises Transformasi staff, directs the financial operations of the organization and focuses the organization on the attainment of short-term and long-term goals. The Executive Director provides leadership to the Board in planning for future of the organization and, based on Board direction, develops and oversees annual objectives. As a hands-on leader, the Executive Director oversees some direct program planning for specific assignments.
Acting as the face of the foundation, the ED will play a leadership role in fund development plan and activities, program administration and evaluation, shaping a positive organization culture and growth and in relationship building, collaboration and partnership development.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
1. Possess an advanced degree, ideally in Public Policy or a related field.
2. At least ten years of leadership experience, preferably in a non-profit organization or national or international development program with public policy as a focus.
3. Have a good understanding knowledge and experience in public policy strengthening program
4. Good public speaking skill, strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal abilities
5. Strong network, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of donors, stakeholders and cultures.
6. Strong strategic planning skills and an orientation to helping an organization grow into the future, excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and develop staffs.
7. Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
Send your application, with at least three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2016.
For more detailed info about the position, please visit www.transformasi.org/career/.