The Indonesia Clean Energy Development (ICED II) Project is a sixty (60) month project funded by the USAID (United States Agency for International Development) and implemented by Tetra Tech ES, from May 2015 through May 2020. The purpose of USAID ICED is to assist the GOI in establishing an effective policy, regulatory and incentive environment for low-emission growth in the energy sector, while simultaneously attracting public- and private-sector investment in clean energy development.
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR) Liaison is a full time position based in ICED project office, Jakarta. She/he works under the direction and supervision of the Energy Governance and Regulatory Specialist who is the overall manager for Component 1 – Improve Enabling Environment for Rapid Co-Investment in Clean Energy. In this capacity, she/he assists the Energy Governance and Regulatory Specialist in working with the GOI and other stakeholders in all aspects of the national/provincial policy and initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emission from energy and to promote clean energy, which includes policy development, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Communicate and coordinate activities of USAID ICED II with MEMR in the development, implementation, review and adjustment of energy policy and plans at the national level (KEN, RUEN, RUKN, etc),subsequent policy and plan for individual sector/energy type and at sub-national level (RUED, RUKD, etc), as well as energy initiatives and programs of the Indonesian Government.
- Provide technical expertise in greenhouse gas emission reduction and clean energy development;
- Provide top-quality advice, facilitate effective knowledge management, and provide technical assistance to the planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting of activities involving USAID ICED II and MEMR;
- Supports USAID ICED II in consulting with GOI and Provincial Government counterparts on existing policies, legislation and regulation related to Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) and the clean energy sector;
- Supports ICED-II in consulting with other Development Partners of GOI and Provincial Government to align their respective work and improve collaboration related to LEDS and the clean energy sector;
- Assists in identifying gaps and needs for improvement in inter-ministerial, inter-agency, inter-departmental, and inter-governmental (e.g., national, provincial and regional) coordination in administering the LEDS and clean energy policies and programs;
- Facilitates multi-sector consultation and clean energy policy forums such as roundtables;
- Supports USAID ICED II team members and partners in their respective tasks related to LEDS implementation, monitoring, evaluating and reporting;
- Develop monthly progress report on the task of supporting LEDS in Indonesia; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in energy sector, renewable energy and electricity and/or with USAID project.
- Minimum Master Degree in Economics, Environment, or Public Policy.
- Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- High skill levels and experience in office software, particularly: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, and work well under pressure and high stress tolerance
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international clients
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with clients, supervisor and project staff
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter describing relevant academic and employment experience, the names and contact information for three (3) professional references, and monthly salary expectations.
Please email your resume to email@example.com no later than 25 March 2016. Early submission of qualified CVs will be prioritized