On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:52 AM, HR ASB Indonesia <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Philippines Programme Assistant
Yogyakarta with travel to project areas, including possible International travel
12 months contract
Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland e.V (ASB) is one of Germany‘s oldest and largest social welfare organisations. ASB has over 200 offices in Germany and a membership of 1.1 million. Core activities include the provision of public medical and rescue services alongside an extensive range of social service provision. Overseas, ASB‘s Foreign Aid Department operates mainly in the fields of humanitarian relief, return and reintegration, development and disaster risk reduction (DRR).
ASB Indonesia and Philippines aims to build resilience through inclusive and risk aware development. ASB has been working in Indonesia, in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs, since 2006. In Indonesia ASB works directly with partners and communities, and in support of government, to empower and build resilience through an inclusive whole-of-community approach. The ASB Philippines Community Resilience Programme was established at the beginning of 2015 and has the specific objective of strengthening the resilience of communities affected by Typhoon Haiyan via local partner led programming & increasing inclusive-DRR practice across different levels (local to regional). The Philippines programme is implemented through local partner led projects and is remotely managed from Indonesia by ASB. A key component of the work that ASB does across the region is implementing and promoting inclusive risk aware practice. ASB is also a founding member of the Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction Network (DIDRRN).
The Philippines Programme Assistant will support the ASB Philippines programme in implementing the programme and supporting ASB partners and related activities, with a particular focus on administration, logistics and procurement. This position will be managed by the Partnership Coordinator and will work closely with other finance, admin and programme staff to ensure all programme, admin and financial activities meet internal standards, as well as expectations and regulations of donors, project partners and the Indonesian and Philippines government.
Duties & Essential Job Function:
- Responsible for administrative, procurement and logistical requirements of the Philippines programme, including but not limited to booking of hotels and travel, organization of trainings and workshops, database data collection and entry and hard and soft copy filling, that meet ASB requirements and is done in a timely manner.
- Undertaking other roles to support ASB programmes as required by the Partnership Coordinator and/or other senior staff.
- To comply with ASB security and safety guidelines and code of conduct and actively contribute to a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all team members, partners and beneficiaries.
Output: The main outputs and verifiable deliverables of the position are:
1. All ASB Philippine programme admin, logistical and procurement needs are met, following ASB requirements and undertaken in a timely manner.
2. ASB Philippines databases and filling is up to date and meets ASB requirements.
3. Monthly work log.
- Graduate from business administration, other related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Proven experience of working in non-government organisations an asset.
- Proven experience in one or more of the following; booking of international and domestic travel related needs, event management, procurement and logistics.
- Proven experience in filing and data entry.
- Experience in the Philippines an asset
- Good communicator.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Willingness to travel within Indonesia and overseas required.
- Experience and willingness to work in a cross-cultural team.
- Experience with Word, Excel and the internet.
- A commitment to working in partnership
- A creative, critical, enquiring and flexible mind that is good at problem solving.
- Enthusiasm, energy and an innate desire to better oneself and to improve the work of those around you and take initiative.
Women and Persons with Disability are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Applicants are required to submit in English:
- A cover letter outlining suitability for the position,
- A CV that is no longer then 2 pages,
- An example of a written document in English by the applicant (note the document must have clearly been written solely by the applicant),
- Contact details of three references.
Applications that are longer then the required page length, or submitted beyond the due date, will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to Indonesian national applicants only.
Send the applications to Ms. Rosvita Walanda: email@example.com
using the subject line : PHL1401_PA. Deadline 6 March 2016