Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist
DAI works at the cutting edge of internationaldevelopment, combining excellence in technical and operational projectmanagement, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complexproblems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transitioncountries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas includingcrisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and publicsector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development andfinancial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control,water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
AdaptasiPerubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAIDfunded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesiato strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated mannerfrom the national level down to the community level. APIK will help tomainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into nationaland sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communitiesand the private sector to address climate change and weather-related naturalhazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster riskmanagement among key stakeholders.
· Work closely with the Regional Managersto build relationships and provide training to local government stakeholders onintegrating using GIS to facilitate data analysis and visualization.
· Support regional office teams incommunity mapping, VA and risk mapping, and alignment of spatial plans.
· Regularly consult with local governmentrepresentatives and sub-national ministries to better understand theirinterests, needs, and development objectives.
- Experience creating maps and graphs,using GIS software and related equipment.
- Expertise in conducting research to locate and obtain existingdatabases and ability to gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staffand determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Experience operating GIS system hardwareand software.
- Universitydegree in a relevant field.
- Strong English speaking and writingabilities.
There are three positions available onregional teams. Locations include:
- East Java
- Southeast Sulawesi
· Reports directly to the Regional Manager
Interested applicants areinvited to send their CV to APIK_recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications no later than 4 March 2016. Applicants areinstructed to write “GeographicInformation System (GIS) Specialist– LOCATION – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unableto acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates willbe notified.