Friday, March 11, 2016
Vacancy Announcement: Spatial Planning Advisor
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
The Spatial Planning Advisor will be based in Jakarta. He/she will report directly to the Governance Advisor.
· Utilize spatial planning and tools such as risk mapping to support vertical/horizontal communication between the national and sub-national government as well as across ministries
· Harmonize district and provincial spatial plans using a climate lens and review district and provincial spatial plans and ensure that land-use zoning takes into account ecological and hydrological risk
· Undertake a rapid spatial assessment of shared watershed/island risks in the proposed landscapes, utilizing geospatial information technologies to overlay land use characteristics, historical disaster incidence, critical infrastructure, and population distribution to verify the areas of greatest risk
· 4 to 5 years of experience analyzing and allocating the spatial and temporal distribution of human activities to achieve ecological, economic and social objectives
· Experience with land use, urban, regional, transport and environmental planning as well as economic and community planning.
· Master’s degree in spatial planning or relevant degree
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications as soon as possible. Applicants are instructed to write “Spatial Planning Advisor– NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
at 4:59 PM