Kindly find email notice below for your perusal.
Job Vacancy – Jakarta Office
Deadline: March 18th, 2016
The U.S.–Indonesia Society (USINDO), Jakarta Office, is seeking a qualified Operations Associate to contribute to its mission and goals. The mission of the United States-Indonesia Society is to expand mutual understanding in the areas of politics, economics, history, culture, and to strengthen the bilateral relationship.
1. Office Logistics and Administrative Support:
· Plan, coordinate, and provide logistic support for all events, meetings and business travelensuring that all arrangements are complete and of high standard.
Includes dealing with vendors and hotels, analyzing best value from offerers, arranging event venues, hotel, airline, and transport reservations, arranging local transport, flights, providing meeting/seminar materials and equipment.
· Perform as an event coordinator for all USINDO events.
Includes managing event logistics from start to finish, e.g. invitation mailings, keeping track of rsvp’s, liaison with hotel rep, arranging signage, sign-in lists, VIP seating, table seating, arranging note-taking and photography, assisting Rep in dealing with cooperating organizations.
· Prepare internal and external letters or other correspondence; schedule meetings and business trips for President and USINDO Representative.
· Responsibility to pro-actively ensure that USINDO Jakarta office operations run smoothly, effectively and efficiently.
Includes dealing with internet, phone, building management, printer and computer, office supplies, in anticipatory manner.
· Maintain organized filing system for all USINDO’s correspondence, as well as program and related documents
· Maintain USINDO database system, including both data inputs and the proper functioning of the equipment and software (through vendors).
· Maintain work, leave, sick leave records of USINDO Jakarta’s staff and interns
· Perform other administrative and support duties as directed by Jakarta Representative
2. Office/Accounting Assistant
Responsibility to ensure Jakarta Office’s accounting records are documented and prepare monthly accounting reports to DC Office in a timely and accurately manner. This includes:
· Prepare monthly and weekly expense report to DC headquarters (expenses log, bank statements, petty cash)
· Account and maintain petty cash records and prepare monthly petty cash report.
· Pay routine office bills and non-routine bills.
· Prepare monthly cash request and report actual cash disbursement for previous month.
· Scan supporting financial documents i.e. invoices, receipts, transfers to submit to DC headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. However, persons within one year of degree who can work full time are eligible to apply.
- Available for a minimum of one year, subject to satisfactory performance
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Interest in Indonesia and U.S.-Indonesia relations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, high efficiency level, a flexible attitude and eye for detail;
- Experience in handling and communicating with Senior Officials from Ministries, Senior Management from Corporates, other VIPs.
- Accounting coursework desirable
- Strong initiative, hard-working, willingness to perform a variety of duties
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment in the performance of complex and difficult duties;
- Ability to exercise responsibility and leadership, while operating in a team setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point
Salary will be determined based on qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit a cover email expressing interest in the position, a resume including salary history, and three references as soon as possible, by Friday, March 18, 2016, unless extended. The application should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com.