Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI) is the implementing partner of the USAID-funded ASEAN-U.S. PROGRESS project. DAI seeks to fill the position of Communications Specialist to be based in Jakarta.
USAID ASEAN-U.S. Partnership for Good Governance, Equitable and Sustainable Development and Security (PROGRESS)
SCOPE OF WORK
Base of Operations: Jakarta, Indonesia
Period of Performance: May 2, 2016 – April 28, 2017 (renewable)
The ASEAN-U.S. Partnership for Good Governance, Equitable and Sustainable Development and Security (PROGRESS) supports ASEAN’s vision of a Southeast Asia “living in peace, stability, and prosperity” by 1) enhancing ASEAN’s ability to advance good governance and political-security cooperation; 2) improving ASEAN’s capacity to promote equitable and sustainable human development; and 3) increasing ASEAN’s institutional capacity.
PROGRESS’ communications function includes 1) support for PROGRESS project communications and communications deliverables associated with project activities (Communication Specialist), 2) support for development of communication products that summarize the work of multiple USAID-managed projects that provide support to ASEAN (Communications Assistant – off-site), and c) program management and support for activities that strengthen public outreach and youth engagement in ASEAN (Communications Specialist).
3. Objectives and Duties:
The Communications Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and manage implementation of all project communications and deliverables. The Communications Specialist does not have supervisory responsibilities, but is responsible for daily coordination and communication with the program team and management. S/he should be a team-oriented professional. Specific duties include:
· Serve as the focal point for all communications activities for the project, including frequent and proactive coordination and data gathering from PROGRESS program staff.
· Produce public relations/promotional materials for events and project activities, including but not limited to success stories, brochures, and other publications, facilitating distribution as necessary.
· Support program staff to prepare communications material for events, including but not limited to public outreach strategies, banners, suggested Facebook and Twitter posts, program highlights and success stories, and documentation of lessons learned for future initiatives.
· Organize and facilitate post event reviews in conjunction with the Monitoring and Evaluation Team to review events and collect data and information to enhance future project implementation.
· Responsible for working closely with the program staff, namely the Program Managers, to ensure photos, success stories, and other media inputs are captured for each event and uploaded into the project management database within two weeks of activity completion.
· As required, work with ASEAN directly to strengthen outreach and communication activities, support implementation of their communications strategy, and use of information communication technologies (ICT).
· Recommend to the DCOP additional methods of communicating program successes, raising awareness about upcoming or ongoing activities, and overall marketing of PROGRESS to USAID and external audiences. As required, coordinate with the Communications Assistant to develop a system to collect content, success stories and results from eight additional USAID-ASEAN managed projects to create; and distribute to select USG and ASEAN partners through various communication channels.
· Assist in preparing the Public Outreach and Communications Annual Work Plan
· As required, assist in the drafting of program reports, including but not limited to weekly, quarterly, and annual reports, and other project deliverables. Additional tasks as requested by the COP or DCOP.
The Communications Specialist will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. S/he will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
4. Preferred Qualifications:
· 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in communication and public outreach, with a proven track record of successful packaging of communication materials to multiple audiences. Prior experience in the international development field preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
· Demonstrated experience with communication strategy development, implementation and evaluation.
· Proven ability to conduct audience research/segmentation, message development, and use of social and mass media to reach multiple audiences.
· Hands-on experience designing communication tools.
· Pro-active, team player and results focused.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
· Technical knowledge and interest in regional youth and public outreach programs.
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete CV with three references firstname.lastname@example.org by March 28, 2016 at 05:00 PM Jakarta Local Time. Applicants must indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be notified.