The ASEAN Foundation based in Jakarta, Indonesia is seeking an Executive Director to lead the Foundation’s efforts to promote greater awareness of ASEAN within the region, and to foster a closer ASEAN community.
Since its establishment under the ASEAN Charter in 1997, the ASEAN Foundation has served to strengthen the partnerships and coordination among various ASEAN stakeholders. It provides scholarship and networking opportunities, supports exchanges between the youths of ASEAN member states, and improves the welfare of the ASEAN peoples. The ASEAN Foundation also supports activities that promote the ASEAN identity within the region, through encouraging cross-country interactions among artists, academia, civil society, NGOs and businesses.
The Executive Director will build on the ASEAN Foundation’s past successes as the Foundation celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2017, and contributes towards the realisation of ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the public sector, private sector or not-for–profit organizations. S/he will be committed to the ASEAN Community-building process, and have a good understanding of how to build good relationships with governments, the business sector, civil society and academia. An inspiring leader who can oversee complex programmes, relationships and competing priorities, the next Executive Director will be a compelling advocate for the ASEAN Foundation’s role in building a stronger and more cohesive ASEAN Community.
The Executive Director provides vision, leadership and guidance to the organisation and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organisation. S/he is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the organization’s short and long-term work plan. S/he manages all administrative and operational matters of the ASEAN Foundation (including policies, budget and staffing). The Executive Director will play a significant role in securing the financial resources required to sustain and grow the ASEAN Foundation’s initiatives and programme. S/he will build positive working relations with external stakeholders, and will report to the Board of Trustees of the ASEAN Foundation.
The Executive Director shall:
- Be a national of an ASEAN Member State.
- Possess a university degree or professional qualifications from a reputable institution, preferably in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration, Human Resources, or Public Policy. Candidates with an advanced degree are preferred.
- Have at least 10 years of professional work experience, 5 years of which are at a management level, i.e. leadership of a medium-sized organisation, or a senior leadership role in a large organisation, involving the management of significant organisational change.
- Experience in developing budgets, analysing revenue and fiscal management and planning.
- Proven skills in fundraising and grant writing, including the ability to expand the network of donors and partner organisations, and in-depth experience negotiating with multi-sector stakeholders.
- Have a good understanding of ASEAN issues.
- Experience in developing and leading a communication and media strategy.
- Have the necessary skills to cultivate good working relationships with governments of ASEAN Member States and its partners, relevant international and regional bodies as well as with various sectors, such as foundations and civil society organisations, especially within the Southeast Asian region.
- Have fluency in English.
- Be in good health.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive package consisting of monthly basic salary of USD 6,000.00, with other applicable benefits, including housing, medical, education of eligible dependent children.
The post will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia, for a non-renewable term of three years starting in mid-January 2017.
Please send your application letter indicating the applied position and the following documents:
- curriculum vitae
- recent photograph and
- a written statement of your vision for the ASEAN Foundation, in 300 words.
to the following address or email address:
2 Jl. Sam Ratulangi, Menteng
Jakarta 10350, Indonesia
Closing date: 15 May 2016.
For more information about the terms of reference of the post of the ASEAN Foundation Executive Director, please visit our website: www.aseanfoundation.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.