Responsibility : Ensure the technical relevance of WASH knowledge and skills are internalized within partner’s internal staff
Location : West Java, Central Java, or East Java
Duration : 1 year contract, with possibility of extension
Type : Individual
Reports to : Bina Artha Ventura’s WASH Coordinator and operational team
Water.org is a U.S.-based, non-governmental organization working to increaseaccess to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Under WaterCredit program,Water.org provides technical support to PT. Bina Artha Ventura (BAV) to enable access for sanitation amongst low-income communities.
Bina Artha Ventura is an Indonesian Ventura company started in 2011 to deliverfinancial services to the economically active low income population in a fair,transparent, efficient and sustainable manner. The company offersuncollateralized group-loans ranging from US$ 150-300 to economically-active,low-income women. The target of BAV group loans are women with a dailyincome of US$ 2-6, mainly living in semi-urban and semi- rural areas. BAV’slending approach is joint liability group lending with no collateral requirements. Asof December 2015 BAV serves over 173,000 clients and seeks to reach 1,000,000clients by 2020.
BAV clients are organized into groups of 5-7 members. Groups are organized incenters of 2-4 groups fortnightly (every two weeks) center meetings in the client residential areas are the primary point of contact between BAV and the clients. Each BAV branch office has a services area radius of approximately 15 kilometersand serves around 100 center meetings.
Since June 2014, Bina Artha Ventura has developed and launched a loan productto finance household level facilities such as toilets and septic tank. Currently, BAV is planning to roll out the WASH loan product into new branches across Java. Bina Artha Ventura seeks three WASH experts to support program implementation during the expansion phase.
- Building a working team with WASH coordinator, head office team, regional office team, and branch office team in implementing water and sanitation financing program
- Attracting potential water and sanitation contractors in each branch location, and provide training to increase their capacity to become partners in improving members’ WASH facilities, with at least 1 contractor in each branch
- Directing contractor in building WASH facilities and ensure its accordance with the agreed facility and the standard quality
- Supervising the WASH facility constructions
- Providing training of WASH program to MFI employees
- Providing training on hygiene and health behaviors relating to WASH program to members or client in the meeting points.
- Working with MFI to conduct internal trainings
- Establish coordination to cooperate with sanitarians in health center offices in order to develop strategies, at the RT/RW, village, sub-district, or district levels
- Report on the progress of WASH program in branches to the head office team
- Manage WASH loan in all branches and provide quick and appropriate solutions
- Manage WASH activities at the branch level and regularly report progress to WASH Coordinator
· Academic background at least diploma, but prioritize bachelor degree
· Has working experiences in WASH or other relevant sector (construction, civil, environment and community empowerment)
· Has leadership skills and motivation to help the poor
· Has the ability to work in team or alone, able to achieve targets
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Capable of using Microsoft Office
· Honest, responsible, creative, innovative, initiative, and professional
· Could show a sample of work relating to WASH sector during discussion/interview
· Comfortable traveling extensively to MFI branch offices and operating areas
Proposals should be submitted to Kiki Tazkiyah (email@example.com) and Neksi Triwidiyanti (neksi.triwidiyanti@bina-
artha.net) no later than April 6, 2016 noting“WASH Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.