World Relief is a USA Humanitarian Organization working with local organizations to bring help and hope to communities in need. World Relief is committed to the sector standards and good practice. Right now we are looking for a dedicated and capable person as HR Officer. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 13, 2016. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Human Resources Officer
Job Title of Immediate Supervisor: Country Director
Based in Bali (Willing to travel)
Term of Assignment: 1 year
contract / Full-Time + Benefits
contract / Full-Time + Benefits
To provide human resource & liaison support to the World Relief Programs. The post-holder will also be responsible for the monthly remuneration for Operations staff ensuring that all statutory and internal deductions are made and to monitor and maintain records for leave and appraisals.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
1. Recruiting staff:
a. Advertise vacancies (including liaison with advertising sources) in accordance with World Relief’s recruitment procedure and to deal promptly with all recruitment-related correspondence.
b. Coordinate the recruitment and selection process within the all project offices in conjunction with the Country Director.
c. To assist in receiving, screening and processing applications according to approved criteria and in arranging for recruitment interviews.
d. Responsible for assisting management in the short listing and interview process.
e. To solicit for references/recommendations for short-listed applicants.
f. To assist the Line Managers with the recruitment, selection, orientation, and exit procedures.
2. Developing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
3. Interpreting and advising on employment legislation.
4. Employee orientation, development and training.
5. Serve as a link between management and employee by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and help resolve work-related problems..
6. Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, personal appraisals and absenteeism rates.
7. Advising regarding, applying for, process and obtain all necessary visas for expatriates. Document these procedures.
8. Develop and maintain line level relationship with Government entities related to employee hiring, termination, and registration of HR policies.
9. Manage visa process for foreign workers and volunteers in coordination with their Manager as directed by Supervisor.
10. To seek and accurately communicate all information regarding medical evacuations to the Support Services or another senior member of staff.
11. To arrange for receiving the affected staff at the airport.
12. To make advance appointments for the affected staff for them to see a doctor and/or for transfer to hospital.
13. To monitor and maintain leave records for all staff (including annual, home, and compassionate & sick leave).
14. Monitor dates for employment contract start dates and entering on to database, probation and appraisal reviews, expiration of employment contracts and inform the Country Director one month in advance.
15. Supply the Country Director with updates during weekly meetings and whenever required.
16. Assist the Line Managers with disciplinary procedures including the gathering of information and filing confidential documents appropriately.
17. Other task as assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
Recruitment across Locations
1. Ensure that the advertising strategy is implemented, monitored and reviewed on a regular basis.
2. Monitor the Equal Opportunity recruitment statistics within the programme on a regular basis.
3. Assist with the short listing and interview process as necessary
4. Train and develop managers in the recruitment and selection procedure.
Staff and Office Development
1. Develop and constantly update a Staff Development database showing the following details: applicant’s name, date of application, course requested for, when approved, cost, contribution of the staff member, pending cases.
2. Source and update information on available training courses/colleges.
3. Plan and track development of specific skills and abilities in each office in coordination with Project Manager
Administration & Property
1. To research, implement and maintain a medical scheme (and associated processes including claims) throughout the program taking into account members of the scheme, and using approved hospitals, doctors and pharmacists where appropriate
2. To ensure that new staff has submitted all requirements for necessary employment paperwork e.g. photocopies of passport, photographs.
3. To carefully check and approve medical invoices for prompt payment.
4. To maintain and update personnel files for all staff.
5. To assist in the translation of documents as appropriate.
1. Update and maintain personnel data for all staff in the payroll system.
2. To administer payment of salaries, allowances, pay slips, remitting the monthly statutory deductions by due dates for the operations program.
Job Specification and Evaluation
Job Title: HR Officer
Department: Support Services
Work Location: Bali
(Information Provided by Manager)
|Knowledge and Skill|
Minimum skills, education and experience required:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field.
· 5 year’s experience in HR or related field
· Fluency in written and oral English and Bahasa Indonesia.
· Mastery of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
· Ability to use the internet efficiently for research.
· Good administration skills - in organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking.
· Strong conceptual skills, ability to see the big picture, to weigh options, evaluate information and requests in light of objectives.
· Ability to work independently on assigned projects.
· Advanced personal, moral, ethical and spiritual maturity. Ability to handle and guard confidential information sensitively and discretely.· Demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally. International work experience preferred.
· Timeliness and quality of communications.
· Fulfillment of the assigned job description.
· Maintaining a constructive attitude.
· Resolving conflicts in a mutually satisfactory manner.
· Maintaining a daily devotional life.
· Able to support the teams joint devotional activities
· Able to lift 25 pounds
|· This position is based in Bali. Occasional travel to other World Relief locations in Indonesia may be required.|
HR of World Relief Indonesia