Position: Deputy Finance Manager
Project: Berbak Green Prosperity Partnership (BGPP)
Duty station: Jambi, Sumatera
Period: One year (with possibility of extension)
Background and Description
BGPP is an (initially) two year program supported by MCA Indonesia and managed by a consortium led by Euroconsult Mott MacDonald. The Partnership will work in Jambi, Sumatra in the 250,000 ha Berbak landscape. It aims to rehabilitate degraded peatland and provide enhanced and alternative economic opportunities for communities that derive their livelihoods from palm oil production and other peatland-based agricultural activities/enterprises. In order to ensure the integrity of its internal control systems, the overall financial management has been structured to include the role of a Deputy Finance Manager.
The Deputy Finance Manager reports to the Finance Manager, be a member of the Operations team, supervises the Financial Accountant and Cash Administrator and liaise where necessary with the HO Finance Controller.
The Deputy Finance Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assure timely maintenance of a reimbursing schedule from donors on a quarterly basis.
- Assure timely invoicing by (I)NGO partners, preferably on a monthly basis.
- Review and verify financial claims submitted by (I)NGO partners and request clarifications, if necessary.
- Ensure partner (I)NGO financial teams in Jakarta and Jambi understand and comply with MCA grant conditions and those of the other donors.
- Forward the verified reimbursement requests to the HO of EMM for approval and make payment transfers to (I)NGO bank accounts when approved.
- Maintain a quarterly expenditure forecast.
- Keeping the MCA and other donors regularly posted on the funding activities in Indonesia.
- Keep track of the reimbursement schedule, payment requests, bank transfers and contract amendments with transparent and up-to-date file management, including soft and hard copies.
- Perform internal audits of the financial organization and administration of the (I)NGO partners to assure that their bookkeeping meets Indonesian, MCA and international standards.
- Review and verify Expenditure Verification Reports prepared by an independent auditor, when closing the BGPP grant contract.
- Update and introduce procedures and guidelines for a new verification approach of a financial system audit conducted by the MCA auditor and an independent auditor.
- Ensuring that accounting procedures are adequate and compliant and filed appropriately.
- Represent BGPP, as and when required, in meetings with other funding instruments available in Indonesia.
- Report on the financial exhaustion on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Manage and report on grant disbursements.
Key Selection Criteria
· Minimally a Bachelors degree in commerce, accounting, or finance and at least five years’ work experience in project-based financial management.
· Experience with accounting software and online file systems.
· At least five years of experience working on large donor-funded projects,
· Results-oriented, team player with strong organizational and planning skills.
· A good command of English.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the Key Selection Criteria, by email to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 5 pm (WIB) on the Sunday, 24 April 2016.
Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.