Background on the Project
Grameen Foundation partnered with two global organizations to design, develop and deploy mobile tools that will help increase cocoa farmers productivity to 2,000kg per hectare from an average of 700kg per hectare. In addition, the mobile tools are also envisioned to streamline the partners’ certification process by automating existing manual processes and forms. In the long-term, the goal is to increase farmers’ household income and resiliency by encouraging them to treat farming as a business involving investment, planning, and close monitoring.
Job Summary & Key Priorities:
Working closely with the Program Manager and the M&E Lead, the Field Operations specialist will use skills in field force management, training, and support to contribute to the project’s goals of developing tools and services that will provide farmers with good agricultural practices, certification practices, and market information and at the same time enable agribusinesses and development organizations to understand and address farmers’ current needs and challenges.
This role is accountable for supporting partner organizations to recruit, train, manage and support a network of mobile-enabled field agents. Work involves partnering closely with the Program Manager and the M&E Lead to generate results and deliver against deadlines and partner requirements. The field operations specialist will be accountable for:
- Coordinating all field related activities including research, training, first-level tech troubleshooting and M&E
- Leading training to client agents and agent supervisors on the use of mobile-enabled tools to disseminate best practices among small-holder farmers
- Supporting implementing partners to design agent network activities and provide logistical support to networks of extension agents, including work plan development, performance and outreach targets, and execution
- Identifying operational challenges, ensuring resolution in coordination with other team members and partner and client organizations
- Working closely with the Software Developer and the Group Manager, Technology and Product to implement case management systems and procedures to resolve technical issues for both the hardware and software
- Identifying and communicating opportunities to continually improve content and overall service
- Liaising with partner field staff to facilitate overall project coordination and continual service enhancement
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Deep understanding of challenges facing poor, smallholder farmers and corresponding product/solution needs; combined with deep commitment to eradicating poverty
- Understanding of the local context and smallholder farmer needs
- Excellent communication skills and proved ability to train low-literate and multilingual, multicultural adults
- Strong execution skills, and ability to overcome and work around operational obstacles
Education Background and Experience
- At least 2 years field experience. Experience in managing agriculture extension agents preferred
- Experience in leading training and providing technical assistance in rural communities
- Bachelors degree in Agronomy or Agriculture Economics or related field preferred
- Experience working with mobile devices or ICT a plus
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
How to Apply
Please send your applications to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.