The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity.
It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 190 countries.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team is looking for candidate to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia for the post of
Liaison and Coordination Manager - ASEAN
(12 Months Fixed Term contract - possible extension)
Responsibilities and key tasks:
Facilitate the engagement with key ASEAN institutions and actors:
1. Establish and maintain a close working relationship with ASEAN Secretariat relevant counterparts as identified by the Head of Country Cluster Support Team (HoCCST).
2. Establish a working relationship with the team of the AHA Centre in Jakarta and liaise with the IFRC DCPRR extended team on all related files
3. Follow up upon request by HoCCST on contacts with the 81 Embassies accredited to ASEAN
4. Ensure the 10 National Societies of the countries member of ASEAN receive regular information about the advances of the relations with ASEAN Secretariat, specialized centers
5. Ensure the IFRC Head of Partnerships in the APRO and the Head of CCST in Bangkok receive timely and regular information about relevant relations with ASEAN
6. Ensure evidence based lessons learned from local practices are the basis for engagement with ASEAN policy makers
Support HoCCST and APRO to develop a strategic approach to ASEAN with concrete and tangible partnership and cooperation:
1. Analyze ASEAN structure, be familiar with ASEAN strategic sectorial plans, and make recommendations of relevance to the IFRC agenda
2. Be familiar with the ASEAN meetings, identify the most relevant ones and suggest the HoCCST the required level of engagement
3. Identify areas for future enlargement of the relationship with ASEAN and suggest how best to approach them
4. Be familiar with the 10 ASEAN dialogue partners’ agenda for cooperation and suggest when appropriate manners of engagement
5. Identify the key ASEAN non-dialogue partners and their agendas
Properly document engagement and outcomes:
7. Assisting in the preparations for and playing a key role in organizing collaborative activities, including meetings, workshops, regular regional dialogues and trainings
8. Maintain proper documentation of all collaborative activities.
9. Provide regular reporting, analysis and advice to the HoCCST as relevant on the collaborative activities with ASEAN and other related entities.
10. Liaising closely with other IFRC offices on all matters relating to the ASEAN-IFRC partnership.
11. Represent (if needed) Head of CCST in the coordination meetings with ASEAN and other related entities.
Qualification & Experience :
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field. Master’s degree in a relevant field is desirable.
• Training in line with subject / area of responsibility.
• Knowledge of humanitarian diplomacy.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in political/diplomatic work at national, regional and international levels.
• Experience of working for the Red Cross / Red Crescent is preferred.
• Knowledge of and work experience related to ASEAN.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills (proposals, reports, texts for external communication) in English.
• Ability to work in a diverse cultural context.
• Good knowledge of MS Office.
• Fluently spoken and written English.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 17thApril 2016 at the latest to :
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Liaison and Coordination Manager - ASEAN
Only short listed candidates will be notified.