ILO is looking for a candidate for the post of National Programme Officer for the ILO Jakarta Office. More details as follows :
07 April 2016
National Programme Officer
Deadline for application:
20 April 2016
12 months; possibility of extension subject to performance
Expected starting date:
For any questions related to this post, please contact:- Ms Hermawaty Misnan, Admin/ HR Assistant, email@example.com
The International Labour Organization is the specialized United Nations Agency working in the field of social and employment matters. The Jakarta office of the ILO is carrying out a diverse programme of activities and projects for Indonesia and Timor Leste related to issues such as employment, labour rights and standards, social protection and skills development. The main counterparts are the ILO constituents, the Ministry of Manpower, the labour unions and the employers’ organization. In addition the ILO works with a range of other partners in government and civil society.
The ILO programme in Indonesia is managed by a group of programme officers and programme assistants who are in charge of managing and monitoring the activities, administer the budgets, manage expenditures and arrange and follow-up on contracts with consultants and partners.
The Programme Officer reports to the Director of the ILO Jakarta Office and works closely with the Deputy Director handling programme matters for Jakarta.
- Review and analyse country specific development plans and priorities, socioeconomic data, reports and other relevant information; identify potential technical cooperation project areas and provide written analysis on the findings to management.
- Monitor progress of ILO programmes, projects and activities by reviewing, verifying, analysing and providing feedback on work-plans, progress reports, final reports and other information for clarity, consistency and completeness.
- Follow-up with relevant departments at ILO headquarters, Regional office, executing agencies, government offices, constituents and other organizations to expedite implementation and meet targets.
- Provide programming and administrative support to programmes and projects in areas of responsibility.
- Prepare briefs, periodical reports and statistical data on status of programme/project activities.
- Responsible for sharing relevant knowledge with colleagues as well ILO constituents. In addition, promote sharing of relevant experience and expertise between colleagues
- Assemble and edit basic data required for planning and negotiation of programme/project activities, considering different approaches and alternative methods for project design, management, problem identification and problem resolution.
- Follow-up on delayed documents, clarify information, and answer questions about clearance and processing requirements.
- Assist in the programming and control of resources from all sources of funds, prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analyzing and monitoring situation of resources as compared to planned activities and making recommendations to management for remedial action.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized information systems for use in monitoring and reporting on activities and performance.
- Participate in the organization of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings.
- Brief ILO specialists, project experts, associate experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on programme matters.
- Draft in, or translate into, local language(s) news releases, official correspondence, statements and speeches and other public information material.
- Undertake missions to project sites, normally accompanying other officials.
- Supervise the work of support staff.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education - First level university degree in development studies, law, labour economics, management or social sciences.
Experience - Four years of professional experience at the national level in a relevant area and/or a similar position.
Languages - Excellent command of English and Indonesian
Remuneration: National Officer Level A of the UN common remuneration system and/or commensurate with the qualifications and competency of the selected candidate.
Programme Management /analytical skill
- Thorough knowledge of programme planning, implementation and evaluation principles, practices and procedures.
- Ability to interpret project information, to identify and analyze problems with implementation
- Good drafting skills, and demonstrated ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to make sound and fair judgments based on available information.
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
Organizational and Leadership Skill
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a team and to motivate subordinate staff...
- Good organizational skills and able to deal with a broad range of staff and to respond to their queries.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and responsibility towards completing assignments efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Display high standards of ethical conduct.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and demonstrated presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with people in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Ability to work with word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as computer software packages required for work.
Application – Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified. Please submit application indicating the Vacancy Announcement Number along with your CV and 3 references to:
INTERNATIONAL LABOUR OFFICE
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be notified.
The ILO promotes opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive employment in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity