Sustainable Finance Program Officer
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients’ needs. In a complex world with competing demands for limited resources, Tetra Tech offers clear solutions made possible with sound science, understanding, innovation, and industry-leading approaches.
The Indonesia Clean Energy Development (ICED II) Project is a sixty (60) month project funded by the USAID (United States Agency for International Development) and implemented by Tetra Tech ES, from May 2015 through May 2020. The purpose of USAID’s Tetra Tech is to assist the GOI in establishing an effective policy, regulatory and incentive environment for low-emission growth in the energy sector, while simultaneously attracting public- and private-sector investment in clean energy development.
USAID’s Indonesia Clean Energy Development (ICED II) Project will directly support the Mission’s third Development Objective (DO3) of the 2014-2018 CDCS: “Global Development Priorities of Mutual Interest Advanced”. The ICED II project’s objective and associated Tasks are linked to DO3 Intermediate Result (IR) 3.3: “Climate Change Mitigation and Resilience to Support a Green Economy Strengthened”, and Sub-IR 3.3.1: “Foundation for Low Carbon Energy System Strengthened.”
One of ICED II program is to support the Financial Services Authority or Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (OJK) in implementing the Indonesia Sustainable Finance Road Map (2019-2023). Objective of OJK’s sustainable finance are:
- Improving the ability of the Financial Services Institutions (FSI) to manage the risks associated with environmental protection.
- Improving the competitiveness of the Financial Service Institutions regarding their ability to fund businesses related to environmental protection.
- Providing more space to compete between Financial Service Institutions in order to increase the financing portfolio for those sectors that support environmental protection activities
- Implementation of sustainable finance is one of the efforts to change the paradigm / mindset of the national development, from a greedy economy into a sustainable finance
One of ICED II focus field is to improve capacity of banks and financial institutions to achieve the above objective. ICED will provide technical support to OJK in delivering Environmental Social Risk Assessment (ESRA) training on clean energy sector for banks and financial institutions. ICED also provided advisory to individual banks and financial institutions in evaluation clean energy project proposals.
ICED seeking a full-time Program Officer with excellent management, analytical, writing, as well as communication skills to manage the project deliverables, conduct research analyst and other related activities to sustainable finance initiatives. This position reports directly to Sustainable Finance Specialist (SF Specialist), and works in close coordination with any Government and private sectors counterparts (such as banks, financial institutions, OJK, BKF, BKPM etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist SF Specialist in managing deliverable of ICED II activities related to sustainable finance, climate finance and public finance policy initiatives and transaction advisory related to clean energy projects;
- Assist SF specialist in coordinating work with key person from OJK, banks and financial institutions with objective planning and implementation ICED support in sustainable finance. Such support can be in form of consultation or advisory, capacity building and research;
- Monitor activities and prepare report as needed for each activities delivered;
- Conducting research on specific subject related to (not limited) renewable energy finance, climate finance and or sustainable finance, public finance/ government spending (APBN), capital market and corporate finance;
- Assist SF specialist in conducting financial analysis on clean energy proposal. Works including to but not limited: review financial projection, research on macro and micro assumptions and conducting brief due diligence;
- Other assignments as assigned by Component 1 or Component 2 Managers.
- Relevant education background bachelor degree in finance, accounting, business, economic, public policy, engineering, social studies and or in similar field;
- Minimum have 5 years working experience
- Having one or a combination work exposure in: Experience in donor related or development program related to financial sector, climate finance, public finance, private sector engagement, and climate change. Experience in business/financial/loan analyst with banks, financial institutions or corporation. Experience in advisory and consulting in transaction support/ strategic.
- Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- High skill levels and experience in office software, particularly: MS.Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, and work well under pressure and high stress tolerance
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to appreciate international diversity and to establish effective working relationships with international clients
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with clients, supervisor and project staff
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter describing relevant academic and employment experience, the names and contact information for three (3) professional references, and monthly salary expectations.
Please email your resume to email@example.com no later than 18 April 2016. Early submission of qualified CVs will be prioritized