Pact is currently looking for Finance & Administration Officer. Please do not reply to this email.
Send your cover letter and resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org not later than April 22, 2016.
For more information about Pact, please visit www.pactworld.org
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Indonesia team contributes to realizing this purpose by:
· Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect;
· Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently;
· Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications;
· Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications;
· Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all;
· Cultivating and harvesting innovation;
· Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Finance and Admnistration Officer (F&AO) is responsible for the overall administration and financial operations for a specific country, project, or set of projects. The F&AO ensures that administrative and finance departments are successfully managed and provides operations support as required. The F&AO has oversight of internal control systems and procedures, operational accounting, financial reporting, auditing, subaward financial management and monitoring, forecasting and realigning multi-site project budgets, as well as comprehensive country-level budgets. The F&AO is responsible for training and mentoring staff on policies and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, and financial best practices. S/he is also responsible for working closely with the Senior Project Manager and headquarters personnel to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and for effective and proactive management. The F&AO normally manages other administrative functions such as Operations, Finance, HR, Security, and other office support staff.
· Design and implement systems and procedures in compliance with Pact standards, ensuring effective internal controls and minimizing risks for Pact; ensure that corrective action plans approved by headquarters in response to external or internal audits and other monitoring reviews are implemented as planned and scheduled.
· Manage all country or project finances to ensure effective use of resources in order to achieve project objectives in compliance of all donor and Pact requirements; ensure financial monitoring systems provide timely and relevant reports to Pact and project staff, including analysis and tracking of grant commitments (i.e. cash advances), obligations, awards and liquidations, to support efficient accountable implementation.
· Monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring project liquidity at all times. This includes preparation of cash flow forecasts on monthly and quarterly basis and planning for timely preparation and replenishment for partners and others.
· Monitor the DERAP budget on a regular basis and provide good financial projection and analysis available to relevant staff; help prepare accurate cost estimates and budgets for new proposals.
· Mentor and train relevant staff to ensure that team members have the appropriate skill levels for their positions and are developing to their full capacity; conduct trainings for other personnel as needed to fully educate on efficient, effective financial and internal control systems, budget analysis, as well as policy and procedure awareness and compliance.
· Help manage all start-up and close-out activities
· Ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles supported by relevant and verifiable source documents
· Ensure that all financial records are properly stored and secured.
· Ensure the timely preparation and submission of a monthly financial report and supporting narrative on current project status, and documenting the monthly review of the financial performance of those activities under her oversight (including monitoring cash balances, subaward’s financial activities reviewing aged receivables and accrued liabilities, etc.).
Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed, as applicable, to resolve unreconciled differences.
· Oversee the local Security Management Plan and oversee changes to operations to ensure that adequate risk assessment is carried out and required systems and preventative measures are introduced.
· As applicable, equip appropriate staff to provide technical assistance to local NGO's in the area of financial management and compliance.
· As applicable, implement a local human resources plan, in collaboration with Pact HR.
· BA and at least 8 years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
· Ability and willingness to travel at short notice
· Experience supporting international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded contracts
· Strong skills in management and coordination of multiple activities and teams. Able to multi-task.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and cross cultural skills.
· Highly motivated with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in Bahasa Indonesian and English.
|· Experience working in a grants and contracts environment with the U.S. government, including working knowledge of donor regulations systems and procedures for managing many sites, partners and customers.|
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.