CDM Smith is a privately owned, global, full-service consulting, design/build engineering,construction, and operations firm helping public and private clients improve their environment and infrastructure through award-winning projects. CDM Smith prides itself on developing and retaining high quality staff. We are currently searching for a motivated professional who has experience as a Program Compliance and Monitoring Specialist/Associate for the Green Prosperity Projects of Millennium Challenge Account - Indonesia. CDM Smith-Hatfield is the Contractor for the Green Prosperity Projects of MCA-I.
The program aims to promote environmentally sustainable, low carbon economic growth in rural Indonesia. The program will provide a combination of technical and financial assistance to support rural economic development that raises real incomes of Indonesians in a manner that reduces reliance on fossil fuels, improves land management practices, protects natural capital, and complements efforts to reduce emissions from deforestation and environmental degradation.
- The Program Compliance and Monitoring Specialist will be responsible for monitoring all GP program activities, outputs and results to assess and document compliance with relevant environmental and social safeguard requirements, as well as the overall progress of the project according to agreed performance metrics and indicators. He/she will work closely with MCA- Indonesia environmental, social/gender, and monitoring and evaluation directors, as well as the PMC’s own environmental and social/gender specialists to develop and deploy operating practices and procedures for monitoring safeguard compliance and project performance;
- Assist in developing relevant performance indicators for tracking of project performance in terms of deliverables, outputs, outcomes and impacts;
- Assist the M&E Lead , GP Associate Directors, Associate Grant Window Managers and other relevant staff in reviewing proposed M&E plans, performance indicators of project proposals;
- Provide technical guidance to grantees in refining and fine-tuning the M&E framework, results chain development, indicators selection and methodology;
- Review M&E data loaded into the database for accuracy;
- Participate in Data Quality Assessment/Monitoring to project’s sites;
- Assist in preparing M&E quarterly report, annual report or any other reports for various key stakeholders;
- Carry out relevant analytical works and perform other tasks as may reasonably be required by the PMC and GP Associate Directors, MCA-Indonesia in order to fulfill the objectives of Green Prosperity.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in in any one of these fields environmental management, social sciences, economics, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in development and maintenance of IT-based monitoring plans to track the environmental, social, and economic performance of large-scale development, environmental and/or infrastructure programs similar to Green Prosperity.
- 5 years of experience in developing Monitoring and Evaluation framework of programs similar to Green Prosperity (renewable energy, social forestry, peat land management, RSPO, or knowledge management);
- Familiar with international environmental and social performance standards, in particular IFC performance standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of the social and environmental context of Indonesia.
- Must be willing and able to visit remote field locations, with anticipated travel of approximately 25%.
- Proven team player capable of working with a team of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural specialists.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- The position is open only for Indonesian.
Please send your application to: Linny Ayunahati email@example.com no later than 19 April 2016.