Project Director, Alliance for Sustainable Palm Oil or Aliansi Sawit Lestari Indonesia (ASLI) project – Jakarta, Indonesia
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the Jakarta-based position ofProject Director. The responsibilities and qualifications are described in the below position description.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter referencing “ASLI Project Director - Jakarta” email@example.com by May 13, 2016.
POSITION TITLE: Project Director, Alliance for Sustainable Palm Oil or Aliansi Sawit Lestari Indonesia (ASLI) project
LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
DEPARTMENT: Environment Group – Forestry and Natural Resource Management Unit
REPORTS TO: Indonesia Country Director
Winrock International is recruiting a Project Director for an anticipated project on sustainable palm oil issues. This position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The anticipated project is a critical partnership to reduce Indonesia’s greenhouse gas emissions from oil palm production while improving livelihoods in oil palm producing areas.
Serve as Project Director of the Alliance for Sustainable Palm Oil or Aliansi Sawit Lestari Indonesia project. The applicant will be expected to:
· Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff with diverse expertise.
· Provide managerial and technical leadership to achieve an integrated vision among different components and actors. This includes cross-sectoral coordination and mediation.
· Administer the project's financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and donor regulations.
· Manage subawards with an array of partners, ensuring all deliverables are met.
· Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
· Coordinate the preparation and submission of work plans and progress reports and ensure achievement of program results.
· Serve as the primary project representative with stakeholders.
· Establish contacts and interact directly and on a regular basis with partners and stakeholders to ensure coordinated implementation of project activities and represent Winrock at key meetings.
· Identify and proactively address implementation and communication challenges.
· Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum five years’ experience managing activities related to natural resource management, specifically forest resource as related to the palm oil industry, funded by international development partners
· Minimum three years’ experience working in Indonesia on forest management issues
· Minimum three years’ experience in a management position on an international development program
· Proven track record of collaborating with development partners, the private sector, civil society and government officials at all levels
· Strong understanding of Indonesian political practices, knowledge of Indonesia’s existing body of laws, regulations, and procedures governing land use
· Ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
· Excellent computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheets and PowerPoint.
· Exceptional communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesian
· Experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred/a plus
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Preferred disciplines include Agriculture, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, International Development, Public Policy, Rural Development.