Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 45 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
ACF has been active in the NTT district since 2007 since its first established in 1999 in Indonesia in cooperation and partnership with the Ministry of Health, local authorities and stakeholders. Around 40 networks have benefited from a renovation, as have water sources and wells. In the Kupang District, ACF now implements a range of integrated community based programs in Nutrition and Care practices, Food Security, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Emergency response and DRR/Climate Change Adaptation going from relief to recovery in order to address effectively the population’s needs.
Under the current activities of our WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) program in Kupang District, East Nusa Tenggara Province, a key area to focus is to support the capacity building of local authorities, community, include local NGO to improve the capacity to replicate key activities on their own future. To actualize this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of “CMAM Field Supervisor”, with the following:
|Job Title||CMAM Field Supervisor|
|Period of Contract||3 Months first (Probation)|
|Expected date of join||5 June 2016|
Educational / Professional Background :
· Bachelor degree of Psychology
· Psychology background with strong interest in nutrition
· Experience in Infant Young and Child Feeding (IYCF) program
· Experience in team management, supervising the program implementation and good relations with other people
· Experience in implementing Nutrition program
· Good knowledge of Health and Nutrition (symptoms, causes, and treatment of malnutrition;
nutrition value of food items; infant care practice, IYCF, etc)
· Good experience in budget planning and expenditure
· Ability to work cooperatively as part of a diverse team, and within diverse cultural / religious contexts
· Sensitivity to and empathy with the community, especially regarding traditional and cultural beliefs, heath/nutrition
practices, health seeking behaviour and gender issues.
· Good communication and facilitation skills
· Willingness to travel, work and stay in remote rural areas
· Proficiency with computer
Objective 1 : Team management :
· Participate in the recruitment of staff ;
· Draw up a planning of the work involved for each post ;
· Organize regularly evaluation meetings of team members ;
· Organize training courses ;
· Organize monthly meetings with the team and report the outcome to the head of the programme ;
· Supervise the daily and monthly reports of the team ;
· If there is a problem, find out what is wrong and find a solution or else contact your immediate supervisor ; In case of a conflict between team members try to mediate ;
· Check the way in which the team interacts with partner (the health worker at Puskesmas and Pustu) and community (Kaders and community leaders).
Objective 2 : Supervise the CMAM implementation:
- Follow and respect the current CMAM protocols
- Add the activities linked to care practices in the protocols ;
- Strengthen the RUTF Counselling and IYCF Counselling
- Technical support and supervision for the Field monitor to work with the health worker for Follow the treatment of the beneficiaries during visits at home.
- Analyse the CMAM implementation: admission, follow up, discharge; based on the weekly report from the Field Monitor
- Compile the statistical data and draft a report on activities to the PM and PC
Objective 3 : Develop a psychosocial approach for the prevention and treatment of malnutrition :
· At OTP sites: Integrate the psychological dimension and maternal care in the comprehension of malnutrition for SAM CU5 treated at OTP;
· Identify the psychosocial needs that are not covered and make recommendations ;
· Support and help with the development of new psychosocial activities when needed.
Objective 4 : Write reports
- Submit Monthly reports for supervisor contains of OTP progress
- Provide minutes of meetings when necessary.
- Weekly coordination meeting with the PM and reports any problems or constraints faced during the implementation of the activities.
- Any information regarding security issue has to be immediately shared with supervisor.
Objective 5 : Communication responsibilities
- Maintains a constructive collaboration with all AcF staffs (nationals and expatriates, from all departments) and all local partner’s staffs: Puskesmas, Pustu and DHO
- Gives regular feed-back to the PM (phone calls when his/her supervisor is not in the field)
- Maintain coordination with local health structure (Puskesmas; Pustu and DHO) as well as the community to ensure the quality of implementation and sustainability of project.
Objective 6 : Representation of ACF program, in coordination with Nut PM
- Represents AcF program when necessary
- Informs the beneficiaries and the local people in general about AcF activities
· Meets other humanitarian actors in the field and exchange information about the context and the programs implemented.
Please submit your letter of interest and recent CV with at least two references to : email@example.com
before 26 May 2016
Please put the title on your application. Only short list candidates will be contacted.
“All ACF member of ACF world wide are committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: Independence, Non-discrimination, Free and Direct access to victims, Professionalism and Transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.