The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. PAKLIM is a Program advising and supporting the national government, local governments and industries with climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives. PAKLIM program is divided into three working areas: (1) Climate Policy Advice for National and Sub-national Governments, (2) GHG emission reduction in Industries, and (3) Climate Change and Education.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Technical Advisor: Climate, MRV & Environment (WA1)
- Support of the PAKLIM program’s initiative to provide professional advice and input to, and to cooperate with a broad range of target groups particularly in the fields of climate, MRV and environment;
- Active contribution to achieving the program´s results and preparation of deliverables in a timely and qualitative satisfactory manner as specified in the program concept;
- Innovation and knowledge management as well as transmission of innovation to a wide range of persons;
- Integration of results and experiences into team efforts and into all relevant groups.
1. Professional Advising and Consulting :
- Analyzes and makes recommendations using advanced planning and statistical methods, financial subsidy mechanism modeling, as well as budgeting and financial analyses;
- Provides guidance and input to program components in cooperation with other professional staff and consultants;
- Develops work plans and budget estimates for program components;
- Prepares and conducts public presentations and materials;
- Prepares training materials and conduct training session on sustainable climate and environment themes, MRVs and subsidy mechanisms (as per the candidates specific specialization);
- Prepares planning reports involving extensive written and graphical material;
- Gathers and analyzes data and information; prepares MRVs planning or financial subsidy mechanism studies and analyses and acts as a resource for data used in the course of the program;
- Researches planning literature, news articles etc. to prepare abstracts and bibliographies;
- Assists with planning studies or surveys as a team member or performs portions individually under close supervision;
- Answers enquires and disseminates information regarding topics related to the program;
- Coordinates and serves as support staff for meetings; attends various MRVs meetings as required;
- Develops work plans and program based M+E system for all targeted work in cities, and maintain and update it regularly;
- Links and coordinates program to other related on going projects (other GIZ projects);
- Prepares reports.
2. Tasks specific to the position and MRV Unit of the program
- Be the “face and voice” (contact person) for the Ministry of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) and the Ministry of Environment & Forestry on MRVs at GIZ Indonesia;
- Give technical advice to Indonesian government working groups on climate, MRV and environment;
- Establishment of a MRV System in Indonesia;
- Development of a common MRV methodology agreed upon by the relevant stakeholders in the pilot cities and at national level;
- Provision of technical advice for the standardization of data collection and processing of MRVs data as part of the operationalization of the MRV strategy (MRV Roadmap Process);
- Monitoring of the implementation of the national program and the impacts of mitigation actions in the pilot cities;
- Provision of support and technical advice for reporting on GHG emission reductions, co-benefits, up-scaling potential and leverage effects in Indonesia and internationally;
- Desired output: A consistent system for the monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) of emission reductions is in place at the end of the program and is applied by national and local implementation partners.
- Support of the Financing Systems Unit in the following:
- Development of technical rules and regulations, including the definition of qualification criteria for co-financing high-quality sustainable MRVs measures (e.g. technical and environmental standards, operation and maintenance plan, up-scaling potential)
- Assistance in the pilot testing of the mechanism by review technical success of the co-financed projects (in terms of reduction of GHG emissions)
- Contribute to development and implementation of a fundraising strategy to leverage additional funding from national and international public and private sources
- In cases when for the above tasks additional external resources will have to be deployed for specialized contributions, the incumbent shall identify those contribution packages, prepare terms of references for third party subcontracts, monitor and evaluate its proper execution and eventually align outputs in the overall context of the program; hence the incumbent to be work package manager for all MRV-related tasks of PAKLIM Work Area 1
- Organize and manage the program tasks to be carried out in Indonesia
- Regularly report back to other GIZ units in headquarters and GIZ Indonesia
- Preparing and conducting missions, workshops, etc.
Required qualifications, skills, competences and experience
- At least Bachelor in relevant specialisation;
- At least 10 year professional experience in a comparable position as a Technical Advisor;
- Extensive experience in conducting stakeholder dialogues and working with the public sector of Indonesia;
- Extensive experience in institutional & policy analysis, development of legal infrastructures and capacity building in environmental related subjects;
- Experience in the fields of climate policy and mitigation / emission reduction would be an asset;
- Excellent spoken and written in Bahasa Indonesia & Englishwith analytical capacity and ability to synthesize relevant findings;
- Willingness to travel for project related duty trips within Indonesia as well as abroad;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (particularly MS Office);
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected to Join: immediately
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader Working Area 1
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 24 May 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: PAKLIM – TA MRV.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]_PAKLIM-TA MRV
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.