ISEAN-Hivos – HIV/AIDS (MARPS) Round 10
EoI Number __92__: ISEAN-Hivos -GF-R10-HIV/AIDS
Issuance Date: 16/05/2016
ISEAN-Hivos-GF-R10-HIV/AIDS – “IHP RAMPA-II EDITOR/TRANSLATOR” under the “Strengthening community systems to reduce vulnerability to and impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia”
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
In 2010, the Insular Southeast Asian Network on MSM, TG, and HIV (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly submitted a regional proposal to the Global Fund for AIDS, Malaria, and Tuberculosis (GFATM) Round 10. The programme, entitled ‘Strengthening Community Systems to Reduce Vulnerability to and Impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia’, was approved by GFATM and contract for the grant was signed on 6 October, 2011. This grant has the main goal of reducing (a) the vulnerability and risks of MSM and TG to HIV infection and (b) the impact of HIV on their lives in Insular Southeast Asia. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs.
ISEAN, partnering with Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant, is looking for a capable Translator and Editor Consultant to translate the CBOs’ stories from Bahasa Indonesia to English, and to edit the stories from Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor-Leste that already written in English. The stories will be compiled and published as “RAMPA-II”. Specifically, the following will be provided by the Consultant to address the Grant’s requirements:
- The translation of selected stories from CBOs in Indonesia from Bahasa Indonesia to English with some editing;
- The edited version of the selected stories from CBOs in Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor-Leste that already written in English;
- All final stories to be excellent in grammar, pronunciation, as well as compelling and creative.
- Coordination with the ISEAN Hivos Program during the translation and editing process;
- Translation of stories from CBOs in Indonesia from Bahasa Indonesia to English with editing.
- Edited version of stories from CBOs in Malaysia in English
- Edited version of stories from CBOs in the Philippines in English
- Edited version of stories from CBOs in Timor-Leste in English
- Advanced degree in English Literature and Creative Writing or other related social, health and humanitarian studies.
- Excellent in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Established experience in journalism, translation and written publication, especially in writing success stories;
- Preferably with demonstrable track record of publications related to HIV, health and development;
- Based in Jakarta, Indonesia;
- Preferably familiar with the language of one of the 4 IHP countries.
The selected Consultant will be engaged for a minimum of 5 days distributed within a week period and to start in June, 2016.
An Expression of Interest (EoI) Letter, together with the applicant’s CV or company profile must be sent by May 27th, 2016 to the emails below at 17:00 hrs. Jakarta Western Indonesia Time