World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Business Support Associate
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Accountabilities: Under the direct supervision of Country Director and or Deputy Country Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
* Provide dedicated executive assistant support;
* Draft correspondence on a variety of subject matters, some which are highly confidential; Ensure that responses to direct or indirect requests for information about the work of the Programme promote a better understanding of the organization’s objectives;
* Receive, screen and log correspondence, report etc and forward to the CD and/or DCD as appropriate, maintain a log in system and follow up to ensure that replies and/or action is taken in a timely and efficient manner;
* Screen, assess and refer telephone calls and enquiries to the CD or appropriate unit, ensuring that action is taken accordingly including coordinate and expedite office wide responses to sensitive telephone and written enquiries on behalf of the CD;
* Maintain the CD and DCD’s calendar and schedule appointments, meetings, trips, and brief the CD on matters to be considered prior to scheduled meetings;
* Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in the area of work;
* Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures;
* Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients;
* Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies;
* Review correspondence and documentation submitted for approval, to ensure all prior signatures are obtained contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards;
* Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services;
* Provide a full range of complex business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations;
* Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, in order to support their learning in providing business support.
* Coordinate tasks of junior colleagues to ensure support services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Specialized knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through technical training and work experience.
Good communication skills in order to provide specialized business support services to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of specialized services.
Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting others.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by e-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org<
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food Programme. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic messages.